Numerous organizations continue to host webinars and virtual events to provide information, to help us stay connected, and to inspire new ways of thinking. Here are some of the webinars and events you can attend in the weeks ahead.
This series of 30 online workshops is being delivered as part of the BC Tourism Resiliency Network.
- October 7 at 10 a.m.
- October 8 at 2 p.m.
- October 14 at 2 p.m.
- October 22 at 2 p.m.
All sessions are one hour in length and are limited to 12 participants. Click here to register.
Okanagan Young Professionals Collective (OYP) is hosting its next virtual coffee social, powered by the Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission (COEDC), on Wednesday, October 7, from 8-9 a.m. PDT.
Join Royal Roads University on October 8 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. for a panel discussion with West Coast tourism industry professionals and faculty from the School of Tourism and Hospitality.
Destination BC is launching a free, 8-week digital marketing program for BC tourism businesses. This intermediate-level program is designed for business owners or their marketing teams who want guidance on completing their digital marketing plan.
The following intakes are still open for registration:
- Beginning the week of October 26 (applications due by October 16)
- Beginning the week of November 9 (applications due by October 30)
Click here for more information and to apply.
SBBC is hosting several free webinars in the weeks ahead:
- October 19
- Creating Engaging Video Content Using Your Phone: How to Reach Customers with Simple Videos From Your Phone, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
- October 20:
- Taxsense During COVID-19: How Accessing Canadian Emergency Benefits can Impact Your Taxes, 10 a.m.-11 a.m.
- Staying Resilient During COVID-19: Mental Health and Resiliency for Small Businesses, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Market Research: Emerging Trends in Consumer Behaviour; How to use Market Research to Help with Decisions in a Rapidly Changing World, 1 p.m.-2 p.m.
- Smart Marketing in a Changing World: Grow Your Small Business in 2020 Without Appearing Tone Dead, 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- October 21
Canada Post is hosting a free, virtual panel discussion on October 21 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. PST, where small business from across Canada will share their experiences over the past number of months, talking about how they have adapted and overcome challenges.
October 18-24 is BDC Small Business Week and the organization is hosting two signature events:
- October 19:
- Kick-off Event: Forging the way Forward: How Entrepreneurs are Adapting to the Pandemic
- October 20:
- Succeeding in a New Reality: Plan your way out of the COVID-19 Crisis
Join the Chamber as they host the following virtual events:
- October 14, 12 p.m.-1:15 p.m.
- October 21, 12 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Forging the way Forward: How Entrepreneurs are Adapting to the Pandemic – A Conversation With BDC’s President & CEO, Michael Denham
Have an upcoming event or webinar that would be of interest to those in the tourism industry? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include the information in our next bi-weekly roundup.