The Business Development team’s strategies are designed to support our organization’s strategic goals as approved by our Board of Directors.
Our strategic goals are:
While economic activity is immensely important, we know that meetings and conferences generate more than just economic activity for the region. Business events can act like a catalyst to future investment, talent attraction and drive research and innovation into a region ensuring success not only for today but into the future. It is for this reason that Tourism Kelowna, will focus our proactive sales efforts on activities where we can leverage the stories of our community’s key economic sectors as featured in the OKGo campaign. We will work to be in front of new audiences, introducing our destination and inspiring planners with the possibilities in Kelowna; while supporting our M&C partners in their sales efforts.
- customized flat sheet for use at sales calls and functions
- inclusion in Tourism Kelowna's #exploreKelowna blog (one business mention with contact information)
- website listing on tourismkelowna.com/meeting-groups
- staff participation in educational workshops/presentations and FAMs
Cost-Shared Trade Show Booth Space*
- CSAE Tete a Tete | February 7, 2024 | Ottawa
- CMEE | August 13 & 14, 2024 | Toronto, ON
Cost-Shared Sales Events*
- Toronto Sales Event: Date TBD
- Vancouver Sales Event: Date TBD (x2)
- Calgary Sales Event: Date TBD
*Basic Program package required for participation