Generate more meeting and conference business.
Meetings and conferences generate more than economic activity for our region. By targeting programs aligned to local industry, we can attract more business investment, new talent, and help further research and innovation in our community. Aligning with Destination Canada’s economic sector strategy, Tourism Kelowna will focus our proactive sales efforts within our community’s economic strengths.
Utilizing the stories and businesses featured in the OKGo campaign—a collaborative partnership between the Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission, Accelerate Okanagan, and Tourism Kelowna—we will generate meeting and conference opportunities that have a unique value proposition specific to Kelowna and the Central Okanagan. Businesses wishing to participate must have a base or enhanced advertising package with Tourism Kelowna and be located within the Central Okanagan.
- hold a current Base or Enhanced Package
- hold a Basic Package to participate in the cost-shared sales events
- be located within the Central Okanagan
- customized flat sheet for use at sales calls and functions
- inclusion in Tourism Kelowna's #exploreKelowna blog (one business mention with contact information)
- website listing on tourismkelowna.com/meeting-groups
- staff participation in educational workshops/presentations and FAMs to ensure all partners are well versed in our innovation/expertise in the following sectors: viticulture, agriculture, advanced manufacturing, aerospace and digital technology. (TK will cover all costs with this training component.)
Cost-Shared Trade Show Booth Space
Although a Tourism Kelowna representative will not be in attendance, we will organize all logistics on behalf of partners attending. Final dollar amount will be dependent upon number of partners participating and will be invoiced separately.
- CSAE Tete a Tete | April | Ottawa
- CMEE | August | Toronto, ON
Cost-Shared Sales Events
- Toronto Sales Event: Date TBD | Toronto, ON
- Vancouver Sales Event: Date TBD | Vancouver, BC
- Calgary Sales Event: Date TBD | Calgary. AB