Safety is top of mind for everyone these days. As consumers and health regions continue to take note of health and safety operations, it is imperative that Kelowna and area businesses continue to strive for the high level of service that we're known for.
Our team receives numerous visitor inquiries each day through in-person contact at our Kelowna Visitor Centre, through our live chat, and through our social media channels. In recent weeks, the number of requests asking about health and safety procedures has increased.
To provide the most accurate information to those that are currently in our destination, as well as to those that are considering a trip here, we are asking all of our stakeholders to spend a few minutes updating the COVID-19 measures on their Tourism Kelowna website listing.
For those who are not familiar, the first step in updating your listing is to log in to the Tourism Kelowna Extranet:
- Go to http://extranet.tourismkelowna.com/
- If you are a primary contact for your business, you should have access to the Extranet and can log in with the email address attached to your Tourism Kelowna account
- If you haven't logged in before or simply forgot your password, you can click "Forgot Password" to send yourself a new temporary password
- If you can’t log in at all, your email may not be connected to the Extranet. Email Steve Small at email@example.com to request access.
Once you are logged in, you can then update the COVID-19 Measures in the Amenities section:
- While in Tourism Kelowna's Extranet, go to the Profile tab and click Accounts.
- You will see your business under Account (there may be multiple businesses if more then one is connected to the account).
- Under Actions you will see three buttons (see image below); click the down arrow to reveal the Manage Amenities option. Click Manage Amenities.
- Scroll down below the standard amenities so you can see the COVID-19 Measures.
- All measures will automatically default to No. Simply click Yes for each COVID-19 measure you have in place at your business.
- Click Save.
Once you have completed these steps, the COVID-19 Measures will appear on your listing.
With summer in full swing, and visitors travelling to our city, adhering to all public health orders in every way must remain a top priority. We encourage the public and business operators to be vigilant in their cleaning and social distancing protocols so that everyone can continue to enjoy our region safely throughout the summer. Please consider sharing our Ways to Explore Kelowna Safely page or creating similar messaging when communicating with your customers.
If you have questions or would like to discuss further, please contact Steve Small at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (250) 861-1515 ext. 216.