Destination BC (DBC) is looking for tourism industry members to join its Tourism Marketing Committee (TMC). One representative from the Thompson Okanagan along with representatives from other regions in the province are required for the TMC term starting January 1, 2022.
DBC sent out the following information regarding its search for new committee members:
Interested applicants should possess the following experience and skills, to complement those of the current members:
- Experience with tourism marketing on a global, national, and/or provincial scale demonstrating a thorough understanding of tourism issues, sectors, and opportunities.
Plus, at least one of the following as an area of specific expertise:
- Sector knowledge – representative of one of our key sectors or stakeholder groups including city/community DMO (employed or board), skiing, wine, culinary, golf, culture, Indigenous, fishing, camping, etc.
- An operator/owner of a tourism business based in BC.
What does the Tourism Marketing Committee do?
The Tourism Marketing Committee (TMC) provides strategic advice to Destination BC’s Board and CEO related to:
- Marketing strategies for the organization.
- Performance metrics to track the success of the organization’s tourism marketing activities and the performance of the tourism sector.
- Ways to use Destination BC funds to leverage private and public sector tourism marketing funds.
Each application must include the completed Application Form, found on this page, including your résumé and any other supporting documents you feel are relevant to the process. Applications are to be submitted in electronic form.
Applications must be received no later than 5 pm on Wednesday, October 6, 2021. Please submit your Application Form to: Tatyana.Slavkova@DestinationBC.ca