Destination BC (DBC) is looking for tourism industry members to join its Tourism Marketing Committee (TMC). One representative from the Thompson Okanagan along with representatives from other regions in the province are required for the three-year TMC term starting January 1, 2024.
As detailed on the DBC website, interested applicants should possess the following experience and skills, to complement those of the current members:
- Experience with tourism marketing on a global, national, and/or provincial scale demonstrating a thorough understanding of tourism issues, sectors, and opportunities.
Plus, at least one of the following as an area of specific expertise:
- Sector knowledge – representative of one of our key sectors or stakeholder groups including city/community DMO (employed or board), skiing, wine, culinary, golf, culture, Indigenous, fishing, camping, etc.
- An operator/owner of a tourism business based in BC.
What does the Tourism Marketing Committee do?
The Tourism Marketing Committee (TMC) provides strategic advice to Destination BC’s Board, CEO, and senior staff, supporting and advising on:
- Marketing and destination management strategies for the organization.
- Aligning DBC's marketing and destination management strategies with tourism marketing and destination management programs across the province.
- Assessing the performance of DBC's tourism marketing and destination management programming, and the performance of the tourism sector (particularly against key competitors).
Each application must include the completed Application Form, found on this page, including your résumé and any other supporting documents you feel are relevant to the process. Applications are to be submitted in electronic form.
Applications must be received no later than 5 pm on Wednesday, October 11, 2023. Please submit your Application Form to: Tatyana.Slavkova@DestinationBC.ca