Numerous organizations continue to host webinars and virtual events, while also starting to bring back in-person events, to provide learning and networking opportunities and facilitate discussions on a variety of topics. Here are some of the upcoming events you can attend.
kinSHIFT and Purppl's Elements of Truth: Before Reconciliation series kicked off this week, with the second workshop, Air: Expanding Perspectives, taking place on Monday, January 17. Each of the four workshops is 2.5 hours long, taking place from 5-7:30 p.m. PST. The rest of the January workshops are as follows:
- Fire: Awareness of Power and Privilege, January 24
- Water: Shared Responsibilities, January 31
The series will also be offered from the beginning starting on February 4, running each Thursday in the month from 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. PST.
For more information on each workshop and to register, visit the kinSHIFT website.
Small Business BC (SBBC) has several upcoming webinars including:
- Tuesday, January 18
- How to Launch Your Product in Today's World | 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. PST
- Friday, January 21
Click the links above or visit the SBBC website to register and to view additional upcoming webinars.
For information on how to access these and future education webinars, along with additional SBBC resources, free of charge, visit Destination BC’s website.
On Wednesday, January 19, Paula Verholen, Co-op Partner Engagement Advisor with UBC Okanagan (UBCO), will be hosting an online session for employers to learn more about the organization's co-op program and how it can assist with current or future hiring needs. The virtual event takes place at 10:30 a.m. PST via Zoom; register online.
Join Canadian Mental Health Association BC on Thursday, January 20, for this workplace mental health training safety talk geared towards the tourism and hospitality sector. The session will take place virtually from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. PST. Advance registration can be completed on Eventbrite.
The Kelowna Chamber of Commerce is hosting this online session where the presenter, Pierre Cléroux, Vice President, Research and Chief Economist of BDC, will present "an overview of the current economic situation here and abroad." The virtual event takes place Tuesday, January 25, at 11 a.m. PST. The cost to attend is $20 for Chamber members and $30 for non-members; registration can be completed online.
Save The Date
- Destination Canada will be hosting an Industry Webinar to discuss the findings of its recent report, Tourism's Big Shift. The English language webinar takes place at 10 a.m. PST on February 1, while the French language session takes place at 10 a.m. PST on February 2.
- New dates have been announced for the IMPACT Sustainability Travel & Tourism Conference, which will now take place in Victoria from May 8 – 11, with a robust agenda covering a wide variety of topics.
- The second-annual BC Tourism & Hospitality Conference, hosted by the Tourism Industry Association of BC and BC Hotel Associations, will take place in Richmond, BC, from March 9 – 11.
Have an upcoming event or webinar that would be of interest to those in the tourism industry? Email us so we can include the information in our next roundup.