After scaling back during the pandemic, travel media requests and visits have picked up throughout the spring—from April to June, our team supported 14 travel media and influencers.
Seven of these travelling media members visited Kelowna as part of a group familiarization trip we hosted in the early spring for BC members of the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW). A couple of pieces were published in April as a result of the FAM tour:
- Vacay helped to spread the word about our amazing food scene with "In Kelowna, Culinary Culture Levels Up"
- Postmedia Network highlighted CedarCreek Estate Winery and a special recipe from Home Block: "Kasey Wilson: Neil Taylor's tagliatelle with clams relies on great ingredients."
Additional highlights published in the spring of 2022 include:
- "Vacation Alternatives for the Budget Conscious" highlights the Okanagan Valley, including Kelowna, in the New York Times.
- "6 BC road trips near Vancouver you can enjoy for less than two tanks of gas" featured Kelowna on Driving & in the Vancouver Sun.
- "24 Best Places to Visit in British Columbia" by travel bloggers, The Planet D.
- "Kelowna Pride is an Unforgettable Okanagan Vacation with a Sensational Pride Celebration" helped raise awareness of Pride festivities to the HomoCulture audience.
- "Road Tripping the Canadian Pacific Northwest in Two Weeks" by The Travel included Kelowna in the itinerary.
- "Field Trip to Kelowna" and several podcast episodes by Vancouver Foodster captured a wide variety of must-eat stops in the area.
- SamyRabbat.com gave an overview of our area to a Quebec audience with "Okanagan et Similkameen, des vallées et des vins qui ravissent les sens!"
During the busy summer season, hosting is mostly on pause, but we will be looking to host influencers and journalists again this fall to entice travellers to visit in the shoulder seasons.
Do you have exciting programs or experiences you'd like pitched to media? Let me know by emailing email@example.com.