Kelowna has continued to be included in travel media articles throughout the summer thanks to established relationships with media from numerous past visits. Some highlights over the past few months that have kept Kelowna top of mind in key markets include:
- Locally, "Grand opening for Meet Me on Bernard," was posted to several outlets, including KelownaNow.
- Buzzfeed put together its list, "30 Stunning Places in British Columbia That Aren't Vancouver," which included Kelowna and the Okanagan Valley.
- The Province ran the article, "British Columbians have lots of travel destinations to choose from," at the end of June, with a highlight on Kelowna.
- During June, for Pride month, Kelowna was mentioned in The Globe & Mail for our work within the LGBT2Q+ market with, "As Canadian destinations reopen, many are looking to LGBTQ travellers as the first group they welcome."
- Global Okanagan, and other local outlets, produced great pieces helping create awareness for the "Second annual Love for Kelowna Day."
- In the Vancouver Sun, Mia Stainsby wrote "Great Okanagan places to eat, Part 1: Perennial favourites still pop on top," which included several Kelowna and area restaurants.
Tourism Kelowna's travel media program will remain at reduced capacity for the remainder of 2021; however, requests for information are coming in and assistance is always given, in addition to supporting any media that Destination BC has coming to the area.
If you have any questions or require more information, connect with me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.