The excitement to travel has been building and with restrictions slowly being lifted over the past few months, published travel media articles have helped keep Kelowna and area top of mind for potential visitors.
Some highlights from the first quarter of 2022 include:
- Noms Magazine highlighting the "10 best wineries in Kelowna You Shouldn't Miss."
- Mission Hill Family Estate took the seventh spot in Forbes' list of the "World's Most Beautiful Vineyards According to Instagram."
- Hotel Scoop published a feature on Eldorado Resort, which profiled the resort's properties, Hotel Eldorado and Manteo at Eldorado Resort.
- Running Magazine ran a feature titled "Canada to host Spartan North American Championships," which highlights the showcase event that will be held at Big White in August 2022.
- "Meet the New Generation of Canadian Winemakers with South Asian Roots" in SevenFifty Daily, featured Volcanic Hills Estate Winery owner, Bobby Gidda.
- Due to the incredible work of Wines of BC, the Okanagan Valley was featured in another Forbes article, "Why You Should Explore The Wines of the Okanagan Valley."
In addition to the coverage listed above, travel media visits returned this quarter, with the editor of Ski Canada Magazine visiting in February to collect content for a feature on the Okanagan Valley (to be published next winter) and writers from the BC Chapter of the Society of American Travel Writers visiting at the end of March.
More media visits are being planned to highlight spring, fall, and winter travel. Plus, we have been receiving numerous requests from journalists, influencers, and content creators who are looking for support with future media visits.
If you have new and exciting experiences that you'd like highlighted or pitched to the media, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (250) 861-1515 ext. 204.
Header photo by Kirsten Wilkinson