During the last quarter of 2022, traditionally a slower time of year for tourism in and around Kelowna, our team executed a local activation to connect residents with businesses and experiences.Through videos, social media advertising, the #exploreKelowna Local Savings Pass, and media advertising, we reminded residents about the amazing local businesses—run by passionate and creative community members—and how lucky we are to have these spots in our own backyard.
Highlights of the activation included:
- Display advertising with local outlets, as well as ads on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, linked to the Local Savings Pass landing page and received over 8,600 views.
- Videos created with One Peak Creative showed off the best of the business community and had over 86,000 views.
- Over 60 businesses participated in the #exploreKelowna Local Savings Pass, offering discounts and promotions from October through December; more than 1950 individuals signed up for the pass.
- Articles published by local media outlets contained more than 60 mentions of local businesses and were read over 25,000 times.
- Social media content included Reels that highlighted one promotion from the Local Savings Pass each week for more than eight weeks, receiving over 3,300 engagements.
Activations that reach residents and encourage them to support local will continue throughout the year; for the month of January and February, our focus will be Dine Around: Sip, Savour & Stay.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in learning more.