This year has started off with a bang in terms of media coverage for Kelowna, even while in the midst of a global pandemic. Many of the articles are the result of visits from several years ago or from relationships that have been built with media who have come to explore Kelowna several times.
Here are a few highlights:
- CNN Travel mentioned Kelowna in their "21 places to go in 2021," which resulted in extensive coverage in several countries.
- Resulting from the Destination Canada Roadshow, Chloe Berge highlighted our regions' commitment to sustainability and regenerative tourism in The Globe and Mail.
- Journalist Joanne Sasvari, from North Vancouver, is a big fan of the Okanagan and Kelowna and wrote an excellent piece for Food and Wine, "In Western Canada, a Surprisingly Diverse Wine Region is Booming."
- Explore Magazine rounded up the best places to cross-country ski around Kelowna.
- Over two years ago, we worked with Destination BC to bring UK journalist, Fiona Sims, to the area and her article, "British Columbia has what it takes to rival Napa Valley," was recently published in The Times UK.
Media visits for 2021 will be fewer than in previous years; however, outreach to keep media informed of new and exciting stories will continue. As travel begins to open, we will once again look to attract media to help promote our destination's four-season outdoor playground.
For more information about our media and influencer program, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.