Tourism Kelowna conducted its annual member survey between October 4 – 26, 2022, to collect feedback from local tourism industry members and gauge awareness and satisfaction levels with our programs and services.The annual survey, which is conducted and evaluated by Larose Research & Strategy, is sent to Tourism Kelowna’s nearly 400 members. The information collected from the survey is used by our team to inform the future direction of the organization as well as day-to-day decision-making. Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide helpful feedback in this year's survey.
For the most part, results were in line with past years and most findings were statistically unchanged compared to 2021. Key results from Tourism Kelowna’s 2022 member satisfaction survey show:
- 92% of survey respondents were satisfied overall with Tourism Kelowna’s work over the past year.
- 85% of survey respondents were satisfied with Tourism Kelowna fulfilling its mission.
- 83% of survey respondents were satisfied with how Tourism Kelowna responded during the COVID-19 pandemic and coming out of it to rebuild the tourism industry.
- 71% of survey respondents agreed Tourism Kelowna has an effective sales and marketing strategy in place.
- 67% of survey respondents are aware of how Tourism Kelowna uses the Municipal and Regional District Tax (MRDT).
- Overall satisfaction levels remained high on key business drivers:
- 79% were satisfied with destination attraction for leisure travel.
- 77% were satisfied with visitor centre services to extend stays and increase spending.
- 69% were satisfied with destination management support.
- 69% were satisfied with destination attraction for meetings and conferences.
- 67% were satisfied with destination attraction for major sports and entertainment events.
- 66% were satisfied with member advertising and promotion.
The survey also asked members to identify the top issues facing their organization; responses included labour/staffing issues, inflation/cost of doing business, and climate change/weather.
The past few years have presented many challenges to local tourism businesses, requiring them to be agile and review much of their operational plans. Tourism Kelowna also had to recalibrate its approach to best help local tourism businesses survive the pandemic. We are pleased to continue to have high levels of satisfaction and engagement and are committed to continuing to grow our destination sustainably to benefit visitors and residents. In the past year, we updated our strategic plan and completed our Tourism Destination Development Plan with the City of Kelowna, which will begin to be rolled out shortly.
If you have any questions about this survey or would like to join Tourism Kelowna as a member, please contact Sara Correa at email@example.com or (250) 861-1515 ext. 218. You may also contact Lisanne Ballantyne at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 861-1515 ext. 202.