Destination BC (DBC) offers numerous learning resources for tourism-based businesses, including the 8-week Tourism Digital Academy. The comprehensive online program was launched in 2020 and is designed for business owners or marketing team members looking to build their digital marketing knowledge and skills to an intermediate level.
Program participants will learn practical, actionable guidance through self-guided and live sessions covering SEO, website usability, content, email marketing, analytics and more—you’ll leave the program with the confidence and knowledge to put your digital marketing plan into action.
Applications are now being accepted for the next two intakes for the program, which will begin at the beginning of October. The program schedule, as outlined on the DBC website, is as follows:
- One interactive live session each Wednesday – during business hours (up to 2 hours total per week)
- Additional interactive live session on the Tuesday of Modules 1 and 8 only, during business hours (up to 45 minutes each)
- Self-directed pre-recorded videos to watch on your own time before attending Wednesday’s live session (up to 3 hours per week)
- Homework assignments (up to 5 hours each week)
- Done on your own time each week, with a Sunday deadline
Eligibility and Application:
The program is free for all participants. To be eligible you must:
- Be a BC-based tourism business;
- Have an active website;
- Demonstrate through the application form a minimum level of digital marketing experience; and
- Be able to dedicate up to 10 hours per week for the program.
Interested businesses can find more information about the program and application process on DBC's website.
Those who prefer to work independently can access a free, self-guided version of the course for up to 6 months. The program includes a marketing plan template so businesses can easily develop their plan after working through the course material.
Tourism industry members can also find additional resources and tools in DBC's Learning Centre to help build their knowledge and skills in various areas including digital marketing, social media marketing, accessible tourism, and more.
Further education opportunities, as well as advisory services, can also be accessed at no charge through Small Business BC, thanks to DBC's partnership with the organization. Visit DBC's website for more information on how to access these services.
If you have questions about the Tourism Digital Academy or DBC's other educational offerings, please email IndustryDevelopment@DestinationBC.ca.