The holidays are here, bringing gatherings with family and friends and all sorts of delicious eats. Why not take a break from the kitchen this year and support local businesses offering scrumptious seasonal dining options? Whether you want to dine out or order a take-home option, some of Kelowna's best restaurants and food purveyors have you covered.
Seasonal Sips and Bites
While you're out finishing up the holiday shopping or exploring Kelowna to find the best light displays, warm up with a seasonal cup of joe (or hot chocolate) and some nibbles before, during, or after your adventures. Most of downtown Kelowna's local coffee shops—including Bean Scene Coffee Works, Bliss Bakery & Bistro, Bright Jenny Coffee, Deville Coffee, Karat Chocolate + Pastry, Naked Cafe, and The Galley Lakeside Cafe—are bringing the holidays to you in a cup with delicious sips like eggnog and gingerbread lattes for the grown-ups and seasonally-inspired hot chocolates for the kids. Plus, they've got all sorts of seasonal baked goods to satisfy your sweet tooth.
For those that want to add some grown-up holiday cheer to their beverages, look no further than Jack's Winter Wonder Bar, which has an array of themed, handcrafted cocktails like the Vodka-based Candy Cane Lane on offer for the holiday season. The space is completely decked out in holiday decor, so you can make epic TikToks or snap photos for the 'Gram.
Nearby, CRAFT Kelowna's festive drink menu serves up a variety of boozy sips, including Santa's Sbagliato, Gingerbread Mule, and more. On the north end of downtown, Central Kitchen + Bar is getting creative with weekly, seasonally-inspired feature cocktails. All three spots have a variety of tasty appetizers and food options to make your stop complete.
You can also join Summerhill Pyramid Winery for their Jack Frost High Tea, which can be booked for parties of two to six at 12 p.m., 1 p.m., or 2 p.m. on December 10, 11, 17, and 18. Guests will receive a complimentary glass of Cipes Brut, along with homemade scones and croissants, savoury bites, and artisanal tea. A vegan/gluten-free menu option is available.
When it comes to enjoying seasonal eats, why limit yourself to one day? Spend the last weekend before the big day getting into the holiday spirit with weekend brunch. On Sunday, December 11, The Landing Restaurant + Bar at The Cove Lakeside Resort is hosting Brunch with the Grinch, complete with photo ops for the kids (and the kids at heart).
On December 10 and 17, Lakeside Dining at Eldorado Resort will be hosting Santa's Breakfast from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with traditional breakfast offerings and holiday cheer from the big man in red.
Reservations are strongly recommended for both events.
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Whether you're celebrating the holidays on your own, with friends, or among family, there is no shortage of delectable options in Kelowna.
- Savour classic French cuisine at Bouchons Bistro on Christmas Eve with a 4-course dine-in menu or head to Sandrine French Pastry & Chocolate to pick up ready-to-serve tourtieres and quiches (plus loads of delicious holiday treats).
- Christmas Eve, dig into a 3-course European dinner at Maestro's at Manteo or join them on Christmas day for an a la carte traditional turkey dinner.
- Next door, Lakeside Dining at Hotel Eldorado will be serving up a 3-course, prix fixe menu from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- On Christmas Day, enjoy brunch, lunch, or dinner in OAK + CRU's Luminescence domes at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort. Spots are limited for the domes and for tables in the dining room. Lakeside Dining is also offering a prix-fixe, 3-course menu on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Christmas Eve and Day, enjoy a 3-course menu at Gulfstream Restaurant at the Four Points by Sheraton. Or if you don't want to dine in, savour their Christmas dinner to-go.
Reservations are required for all dine-in options.
- Enjoy a feast for two, four, or six people with a take-home Christmas Dinner—traditional and vegan option—from Summerhill Pyramid Winery, which must be pre-ordered for pick up between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. on December 24.
- For another plant-based option, check out Frankie We Salute You!, who has created a heat-and-serve Christmas Dinner with slow-roasted celery root, stuffing made with heritage grain sourdough from Sprout Bread, winter berry cheesecake, and more. Available on December 23 and 24—pre-order early as quantities are limited.
- You can maximize your time on the hill at Big White Ski Resort by pre-ordering their Christmas Dinner To Go, which is available for December 23, 24, and 25 with roasted turkey and plenty of sides. The family-style dishes are available cooked and hot or cooked and refrigerated with reheating instructions.
- Let the chefs at 19 Okanagan Bar + Grill help make Christmas Dinner stress free by pre-ordering their ready-to-go turkey thighs and breasts, along with gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, and stuffing! Options to add more sides and even desserts are also available.
All the Extras
The holiday season goes way beyond Christmas day—there are treats, goodies, and countless meals to be considered. For more options to fill your holiday menu—think savoury items like quiche and tourtiere, traditional items like stollen and Christmas pudding, or sweets like Bûche de Noël and gingerbread cookies—pay a visit to these amazing local bakeries/cafes:
- 350 Bakehouse & Cafe
- Bliss Bakery and Bistro (locations in Kelowna, West Kelowna, and Peachland)
- Bread Co. Kelowna
- Jaide & Joel’s Baking Company (vegan and gluten-free)
- Karat Chocolate + Pastry Boutique
- Sandrine French Pastry & Chocolate
- Sprout Breadshop
- It's A Bakery
Thanks to the hard work of all the local superstars listed above, your Christmas will be as tasty as ever!