The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) and Okanagan College have partnered to offer the Hospitality Professional Program, a comprehensive training package to prepare participants for a variety of positions within the hospitality sector, including supervisory positions, particularly in the Thompson Okanagan region.
The program is ideal for individuals who are:
- Entering the hospitality sector, bringing skills from past experience in other sectors or industries.
- Current hospitality professionals looking to build on a hospitality management career by further developing skills, knowledge, and industry connections.
This fully funded, full-time online program will provide participants with instruction, certificates, mentorship, employment coaching, work experience, and job placement support delivered over 26 weeks.
The program combines practical skills with specialized knowledge and connects students to industry employers in the Thompson Okanagan hospitality sector.
Participants will come together in a virtual classroom, facilitated by a diverse roster of experienced hospitality instructors and guest speakers coordinated by Okanagan College. The blend of live online learning sessions and self-led online industry certificates will rapidly cover many topics of the changing landscape of the Thompson Okanagan hospitality industry.
- Training Program (17 weeks)
- June 20 – October 14, 2022
- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Work Experience & Mentorship (9 weeks)
- October 17 – December 16, 2022
The application deadline is May 22, 2022. Click here to learn more and to register.
For more information, contact:
- TOTA Training Centre: Training@TOTABC.com | (778) 752-5877
- Okanagan College Continuing Studies: CSKelowna@Okanagan.BC.ca | (250) 862-5480
Content shared from the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association news centre.