The festive season is upon us, and even though things may look different this year, it doesn't mean it cannot be delicious! If cooking up a feast is not your strong suit, or you just want to continue to support local this year, Kelowna eateries are there for you. You can now order up a great selection of festive meals-to-go, catering, or delicious treats, and make this Christmas one to remember!
Traditional Christmas Dinner
A traditional Christmas dinner is more than just a roast turkey or a glazed ham—there are countless trimmings and fixings and sides, and it can get a little overwhelming. It's not only all the cooking that needs to be done, it's all the shopping first, and all the cleaning up after. These local businesses are doing their part to take the pressure off so you can enjoy Christmas, too. Whether you're looking for individual portions, meals for two, or have a larger family, there are options to meet every need.
- Gulfstream Restaurant has put together a take-out Christmas Turkey Dinner prepared for four people that includes all the trimmings and two bottles of wine. This option is available for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or Boxing Day. Gulfstream is also open for dine-in over the holidays.
- Start Fresh Kitchen and Mid-Town Station are both offering Christmas dinner kits for two people, that include all the trimmings of a good festive feast.
- Eldorado Resort has a great selection of dine-in options for Christmas meals, as well as their Christmas-to-go meal, a full three-course dinner with your choice of turkey or ham, which can be ordered individually to fit your family's needs.
- The Okanagan Table has put together a delicious three-course Roast Turkey Dinner with all of the trimmings, which is available in single portions or for larger families.
- If you're looking for frozen options Bliss Bakery has a Turkey Christmas dinner that can be ordered frozen and is available in single portions, too.
- If you want to choose your exact menu and enjoy a very special Christmas, Waterfront Restaurant Catering will work with you to create something unique and special.
For plant-based alternatives to a traditional Christmas feast check out Frankie We Salute You! and The Okanagan Table. Frankie We Salute You has created a fully vegan menu based around roasted celery root and all the fixings, whilst The Okanagan Table has a vegetarian dinner with Grain Stuffed Delicata Squash, Wild Mushroom Pot Pie, and all the trimmings. Limited quantities available for each of these meals so make sure you get your order in soon.
Christmas Eve, Desserts, and Extras
It's not all about Christmas Day. The holiday season goes way beyond it—there are treats, goodies, brunches, and countless meals to be considered. QB Gelato covers a wide range of these with a full 3-course Christmas Eve Dinner and a Christmas Morning Breakfast Box (and many gluten-free desserts). And if you're looking to satiate your sweet tooth, check out Bliss Bakery or Summerhill Pyramid Bistro for their cookie boxes, or Sandrine French Pastry for their stunning and scrumptious traditional Yule Logs.
We know this year Christmas will be different, but it can still be very delicious! These are only a few options of some of the amazing festive foods you can find in Kelowna and the Central Okanagan. This year remember to support local and explore Kelowna safely.