If cooking up a feast is not your strong suit, or you just want to continue to support local this year, Kelowna eateries are there for you. You can now order up a great selection of festive meals-to-go and delicious treats to make this holiday season one to remember!
Traditional Christmas Dinner
Cooking during the holidays is more than just a roast turkey or a glazed ham—there are countless trimmings and fixings and sides, which can get a little overwhelming. It's not only all the cooking that needs to be done, but also all the shopping first, and all the cleaning up after. These local businesses are doing their part to take the pressure off so you can enjoy Christmas, too.
- The Okanagan Table has put together a delicious 3-course Roast Turkey Dinner with all of the trimmings, which is available to orders in single portions or for larger groups.
- Enjoy a feast for two, four, or six people with Summerhill Pyramid Winery's take-home Christmas Dinner, which must be picked up between 1 and 4 p.m. on December 24.
- Gulfstream Restaurant has put together a take-out Christmas Turkey Dinner prepared for four people that includes all the trimmings and two bottles of wine. Orders must be placed by December 22 for pickup or delivery on December 24 and 25. Gulfstream is also open for dine-in over the holidays.
- Eldorado Resort has a great selection of dine-in options for Christmas meals, as well as their Christmas-to-go meal, a full 3-course dinner with your choice of turkey or ham, which can be ordered individually to fit your family's needs. Orders for four or more people will receive a bottle of Heirloom Wine; all orders must be placed by December 18.
- You can maximize your time on the hill at Big White Ski Resort by pre-ordering their Christmas Dinner To Go, which is available for December 24 and 25 with roasted turkey and plenty of sides. The family-style dishes are available cooked and hot or cooked and refrigerated with reheating instructions. On-site delivery is also available.
- Mission Hill Family Estate's gourmet Holiday Meal Kit serves up to six people; orders must be placed by December 19 for pickup between December 22 and 24.
For plant-based alternatives to a traditional Christmas feast check out Frankie We Salute You! and The Okanagan Table. Frankie We Salute You! has created a heat-and-serve Christmas Dinner that is 100% plant-based, with slow-roasted celery root, heritage grain sourdough stuffing, pumpkin cheesecake, and more, while The Okanagan Table has a Take Home Christmas Vegetarian Dinner with will mushroom frittata, smoked grain 'meatlessloaf,' dark chocolate orange cheesecake, plus starters and sides. Limited quantities are available for each of these meals so make sure you get your order in soon.
All the Extras
It's not all about Christmas Day. The holiday season goes way beyond it—there are treats, goodies, brunches, and countless meals to be considered. QB Gelato & Bakery covers a wide range of these with a full 3-course Christmas Eve Dinner and a Christmas Morning Breakfast Waffle Kit, along with an array of baked goods and desserts, like Eggnog Gelato—orders must be placed by 9 p.m. on December 18. For more options to satiate your sweet tooth, check out any of the following amazing local bakeries/cafes:
- 350 Bakehouse & Cafe
- Bliss Bakery and Bistro (locations in Kelowna, West Kelowna, and Peachland)
- Bread Co. Kelowna
- Jaide & Joel’s Baking Company (vegan and gluten-free)
- Karat Chocolate + Pastry Boutique
- Sandrine French Pastry & Chocolate
- It's A Bakery
For New Year's Eve, The Okanagan Table has a few take-home offerings: a micro bar & bites-inspired tapas feast which serves 4-6 people, along with two multi-course dinner options, with a beef or seafood stroganoff as the choice of mains.
We know this year Christmas may still look a bit different than usual, but it can still be very delicious! These are only a few options for some of the amazing festive foods you can find in Kelowna and the Central Okanagan. This year remember to support local and continue to follow all public health guidelines and orders.