The 2022-23 Tourism Kelowna Society Board of Directors, announced earlier this month at the Society’s AGM, is now in place and ready to guide the organization's efforts as the industry begins to rebuild, recover, and grow following the global pandemic.
The selection of executive officers took place at the new board’s first meeting, with all of the 2021/22 executive committee members retaining positions. Having continuity on the board remains an asset for the organization as it provides an experienced team of volunteers who can guide the Society as it executes its updated strategic plan (2022-2025), which focuses on destination marketing, development, and management through four goals:
- Establish Kelowna and the Central Okanagan as a four-season travel destination;
- Foster the sustainable growth of the destination;
- Ensure organizational excellence; and
- Engage partners and external stakeholders to collaboratively grow the Central Okanagan visitor economy.
"The board of directors is fully equipped to guide Tourism Kelowna as it broadens its area of focus to support, develop, and grow our region's tourism sector and visitor economy," said returning Chair, Joseph Clohessy. “As we know, it is going to be some time before our industry has fully recovered; however, we are confident about what the future holds, both for the industry as a whole and for Tourism Kelowna as an organization, and we are ready to support our sector through the rebuilding process."
Tourism Kelowna President & CEO, Lisanne Ballantyne, who oversees the organization’s day-to-day operations, will work closely with the board to execute the new strategic plan and to support the industry as it tackles recovery as well as labour shortages, rising costs of transportation, and the global climate emergency.
2022-23 Tourism Kelowna Society Board of Directors (executive officers in bold):
- Chair, Joseph Clohessy, Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort
- Vice-Chair, Kelly Watt, Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna
- Past Chair, Thom Killingsworth, Kelowna Yacht Club
- Treasurer, Edan Fay, The Royal Kelowna
- Secretary, Annika Betts, Sandhill Winery
- Audrey Surrao, RauDZ Creative Concepts Ltd.
- Carla Carlson, Comfort Suites Kelowna by Choice Hotels
- Cedric Younge, Hyatt Place Kelowna
- Dale Sivucha, Coast Capri Hotel (Kelowna)
- Gail Given, Counsellor, City of Kelowna
- Jon De Bruyne, Kelowna Concierge
- Kristi Caldwell, Wiseacre Farm Distillery
- Michael J. Ballingall, Big White Ski Resort
- Nataley Nagy, Kelowna Art Gallery
- Natalie Corbett, President, Kelowna Hotel Motel Association; Accent Inns / Hotel Zed
- Penny Gambell, Counsellor, District of Lake Country
- Sam Samaddar, Kelowna International Airport
For more information, please contact Lisanne Ballantyne at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (250) 861-1515 ext. 202.
For media inquiries, please contact Director of Marketing & Communications, Chris Shauf, at email@example.com or (250) 861-1515 ext. 203.
Industry stakeholders who are interested in connecting with board members directly can email firstname.lastname@example.org.