The Tourism Kelowna Society 2023-24 Board of Directors, announced earlier this month at the Society’s AGM, is now in place and ready to guide the organization's efforts as it reimagines tourism and supports a new long-term vision for the Central Okanagan visitor economy that prioritizes sustainable growth.
The selection of executive officers took place at the new board’s first meeting, with previous Vice-Chair, Kelly Watt, assuming the role of Chair. We are excited to welcome new Executive Committee members and new Directors, all of who volunteer their time and expertise to guide the organization as we execute the 2022-2025 Strategic Plan, which focuses on destination marketing and management through four goals:
- Establish Kelowna and the Central Okanagan as a four-season travel destination;
- Foster the sustainable growth of the destination;
- Ensure organizational excellence; and
- Engage partners and external stakeholders to collaboratively grow the Central Okanagan visitor economy.
“The Board of Directors is ready to guide Tourism Kelowna’s future work, using the Strategic Plan and Tourism Destination Development Plan as roadmaps to achieve sustainable tourism growth for Kelowna and the Central Okanagan, and to deliver positive economic impact for all," says Chair, Kelly Watt.
Tourism Kelowna President & CEO, Lisanne Ballantyne, who oversees the organization’s day-to-day operations, will work closely with the Board to execute the strategic plan and to support the industry as it continues to rebuild and grow while tackling ongoing issues like labour shortages, rising costs, and the global climate emergency.
2022-23 Tourism Kelowna Society Board of Directors:
- Chair: Kelly Watt, Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna
- Vice-Chair: Edan Fay, The Royal Kelowna
- Past Chair: Thom Killingsworth, Kelowna Yacht Club
- Treasurer: Natalie Corbett, Accent Inns & Hotel Zed
- Secretary: Delco McEvoy, Best Western Kelowna
- Annika Betts, Andrew Peller Ltd.
- Audrey Surrao, RauDZ Creative Concepts Ltd.
- Bobby Bissessar, The Cove Lakeside Resort
- Cedric Younge, President, Kelowna Hotel Motel Association; Hyatt Place Kelowna
- Charlie Hodge, Councillor, City of Kelowna
- Dale Sivucha, Coast Capri Hotel (Kelowna)
- Jenny Money, Westbank First Nation
- Jon De Bruyne, Kelowna Concierge
- Kimberly Hundertmark, Okanagan Wine Festivals Society
- Michael J. Ballingall, Big White Ski Resort
- Nataley Nagy, Kelowna Art Gallery
- Tricia Brett, Councillor, District of Lake Country
- Sam Samaddar, Kelowna International Airport
For more information, please contact Lisanne Ballantyne at email@example.com or at (250) 861-1515 ext. 202.
For media inquiries, please contact Director of Marketing & Communications, Chris Shauf, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 861-1515 ext. 203.
Tourism Kelowna Members and industry stakeholders who are interested in connecting with board members directly can email email@example.com.