The BC Tourism Resiliency Network and Synergy Enterprises have partnered to deliver the Decade of Action Program: Building a Sustainable Future for BC Tourism through the UN Sustainable Development Goals to tourism businesses across the province.
The pilot program, which includes 2 workshops and 3 hours of one-on-one coaching, will offer 40 tourism businesses the opportunity to learn how to align current and future sustainability initiatives with the SDGs, and how to use them to develop targets and drive results.
As outlined on the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) website, participants of the program will:
- Connect with passionate business leaders and discover how tourism can create a better world.
- Receive coaching to identify the SDGs that most align with your organization, and actions that promote resiliency, cost reduction, and access to talent.
- Identify key metrics to track your progress towards the SDGs.
- Integrate the SDGs into your messaging and communications.
- Develop an SDG Strategy and 10-year Action Plan for your organization.
- Help position BC’s tourism industry as a leader in sustainability.
Applications for this free program are being accepted until 12 p.m. on Wednesday, October 13. Registration can be completed online.