Tourism Kelowna supports travel media on assignment for outlets that align with our marketing objectives. Please review the guidelines below and submit the Media Visit Request form for consideration of support for your visit.
MEDIA VISIT GUIDELINES
- All requests for visit assistance are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and will result in varying levels of support.
- Tourism Kelowna requires a minimum audience of 25,000 unique monthly viewers or circulation in order to be considered for hosting support.
- 4-6 weeks advance notice is preferred for all requests.
- High season requests (mid-June to mid-September) will not be considered at this time, unless on assignment for a high-profile outlet.
- Media on assignment will be given priority, though those that have a proven track record producing content that aligns with our target markets may be supported.
- Hosting support for one-night stopovers will only be considered for media on assignment.
- Hosting assistance is not provided to personal travelling companions (partner, children, etc.); any exceptions are at the discretion of Tourism Kelowna.
- Once booked by Tourism Kelowna, any baggage fees, flight changes, and/or cancellation fees are the responsibility of the visiting journalist.
- Tourism Kelowna cannot arrange film permits or work visas.
While being hosted by Tourism Kelowna and its stakeholders, media are asked to:
- Act in a professional and polite manner – discrimination or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Respect local customs, history, traditions, and laws.
- Respect the environment at all times.
- Participate in all scheduled activities on hosted trips unless ill or incapacitated.
- Tag and mention Tourism Kelowna and relevant stakeholder social media channels when appropriate.
After being hosted by Tourism Kelowna and its stakeholders, media are asked to:
- Include a link to TourismKelowna.com where possible on content created as a result of your visit.
- Send copies or links to any articles, videos, images, etc. produced during the visit as soon as they are able.
Tourism Kelowna assists with many media visits each year and reserves the right to deny working with media that do not adhere to the above guidelines.
To be considered for support to visit Kelowna, please fill out the form at the button below.