Do you regularly host special events, live performances, or workshops? Our online events calendar is one of the most highly-visited pages on our website, providing an excellent platform to promote your event to visitors and locals alike.
Events can be submitted through a form on our website or through your Tourism Kelowna Extranet account. For those stakeholders participating in our Necessities Advertising Package (NAP), your events will not only be listed on the events calendar but will also be listed in the events tab on your tourismkelowna.com web listing(s), giving you additional exposure. Our calendar is also used to select events for inclusion in our weekly What's Happening newsletter.
If you are not a participating stakeholder with Tourism Kelowna, you can submit your events here. For those with Extranet access, follow the step-by-step instructions below to submit your events.
Logging into the Extranet
To submit your event, you will first need to login to the Extranet. If you haven’t done so before, follow these steps:
- Go to this website: https://kelowna.extranet.simpleviewcrm.com/login
- Login with the business email address and password that was provided to you by Tourism Kelowna.
- Click “Forgot Password” if you haven’t logged in before or if you cannot remember your password.
- Email Steve Small at firstname.lastname@example.org if your email address is not connected to the Extranet.
Submitting Your Event
Once logged in, you can submit your event as follows:
- Click on the “Collateral” tab on the left-hand menu, then click “Calendar of Events,” then “Add Event.”
- Add an appropriate image to the listing. The ideal image dimensions are 640 pixels (width) by 435 pixels (height).
- Input the “Event Information:”
- The “Event Description” is your opportunity to sell your event, so be as creative as you like.
- Include as much information as you can, including an event website and contact information.
- If another organization is hosting the event at your venue, you can list them in the “Host Organization Listing” field. Select your own organization if you are the only host.
- Select the “Primary Category” for the event from the drop-down menu. Tourism Kelowna will select other categories, as required, during the approval process.
- Input the “Event Location:”
- Type the name of the venue into the “Venue Listing” field.
- If the venue is a stakeholder with Tourism Kelowna, you will be able to select them from the menu and the remaining address details will auto-fill.
- If the venue is not listed, you will have to manually enter all the information.
- Fill out the “Event Dates” section:
- Select the recurrence of the event using the tabs provided (i.e. One Day, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly).
- Use the “Custom” option sparingly; most events should be able to be listed using the other options.
- Select the “Community” in which the event is taking place from the drop-down menu in the "General" section.
- Click on "Save" to complete the event listing.
Once you have saved the listing, it will be submitted to Tourism Kelowna for approval. The approval process should be complete within 24 to 48 hours, with the exception of events submitted on the weekends. Your listing will be live on tourismkelowna.com/events within 1-2 hours of approval.
You can monitor the status of your event from the list on the "Calendar of Events" page in your Extranet account. Once approved, you can also edit the event details from this same page or delete the event entirely if required.
If you have any questions about the events calendar feature or any of the other features in the Extranet, contact Steve at email@example.com or (250) 861-1515 ext. 216.