Does your organization regularly host events, live performances, or workshops? Do you put on special events or festivals that occur sporadically throughout the year? Tourism Kelowna's online events calendar provides an excellent platform to promote your events to visitors and locals alike.
Kyle Loven's "Me Love Bingo," part of Living Things Festival 2019
Events can be submitted through a form on our website or through the Tourism Kelowna Extranet for those stakeholders participating in our Base or Enhanced Program. For program participants, events will not only be listed on the events calendar but will also be listed in the events tab on your tourismkelowna.com web listing(s), giving you additional exposure. Our calendar is one of the most highly visited pages on our website and is also used to select events for inclusion in our weekly newsletter, which is currently distributed to more than 2,500 people.
If you are not participating in Tourism Kelowna's programs, you can submit your events here. For those with Extranet access, please follow the step-by-step instructions below to submit your events.
Logging into the Extranet
To submit your event, you will first need to login to the Extranet. If you haven’t done so before, follow these steps:
- Go to this website: https://kelowna.extranet.simpleviewcrm.com/login
- Login with the business email address and password that was provided to you by Tourism Kelowna.
- Click “Forgot Password” if you haven’t logged in before or if you cannot remember your password.
- Email Steve Small at firstname.lastname@example.org if your email address is not connected to the Extranet.
Submitting Your Event
Once logged in, you can submit your event as follows:
- Click on the “Collateral” tab on the left-hand menu, then click “Calendar of Events,” then “Add Event”
- Add an appropriate image to the listing
- The minimum recommended image size is 1360 x 900 pixels.
- Please upload images in Landscape (horizontal) orientation; Portrait (or vertical) images may not display as expected.
- Please make sure to upload images that do not contain text, logos, or graphics.
- Input the “Event Information”
- The “Event Description” is your opportunity to sell your event, so be as creative as you like.
- Include as much information as you can, including an event website and contact information.
- If another organization is hosting the event at your venue, you can list them in the “Host Organization Listing” field. Select your own organization if you are the only host.
- Select the “Primary Category” for the event from the drop-down menu. Tourism Kelowna will select other categories, as required, during the approval process.
- Input the “Event Location”
- Type the name of the venue into the “Venue Listing” field.
- If the venue is a stakeholder with Tourism Kelowna, you will be able to select them from the menu and the remaining address details will auto-fill.
- If the venue is not listed, you will have to manually enter all the information.
- Fill out the “Event Dates” section:
- Select the recurrence of the event using the tabs provided (i.e. One Day, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly).
- Use the “Custom” option sparingly; most events should be able to be listed using the other options.
- Select the “Community” in which the event is taking place from the drop-down menu in the "General" section.
- Click on "Save" to complete the event listing.
Once you have saved the listing, it will be submitted to Tourism Kelowna for approval; the process should be completed within 48 hours, with the exception of events submitted on the weekends. Your listing will be live on tourismkelowna.com/events within 1-2 hours of approval.
Tourism Kelowna stakeholders can monitor the status of submitted events from the list on the "Calendar of Events" page in their Extranet account. Once approved, event details can also be edited on this same page or the event can be deleted entirely if required.
For questions regarding the events calendar, please contact me at email@example.com or at (250) 861-1515 ext. 200.