In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the hospitality industry, the BC Hospitality Foundation (BCHF) wants to, once again, help keep spirits up with a province-wide virtual event called #HospitalityHustle. All are welcome to join in the BCHF’s FREE event, which involves engaging in physical activity of your choice and sharing your experience on social media. The event will conclude on the evening of Sunday, May 30, 2021, with a virtual dance party hosted by an online DJ.
Keeping social distancing front of mind, we encourage participants to pick an activity—walk or run 5km, dance for an hour, skip, prance, skateboard, or bike 10km—and start training today. Please follow the advice of our medical professionals and keep your training in your neighbourhood. Then on Sunday, May 30, our entire community will virtually get their ‘hustle on’ for hospitality!
- Give people a healthy goal that will help keep them physically and mentally strong.
- Show solidarity with those owners and workers in the hospitality and tourism industry who are
- struggling and may have lost their livelihoods;
- still working hard to keep their business afloat;
- providing a takeout option for those who are socially isolating and/or need a night off.
- Create awareness of the BCHF.
We encourage #HospitalityHustle participants to:
- Set a goal! The form of the activity is not important, the goal is just to get moving!
- Share their experience on social media with the tag #HospitalityHustle.
- Make it fun, be creative…. show us your workouts.
- Challenge a friend anywhere in BC to join the event.
- Create a team and challenge others to do the same.
Guests who register on Eventbrite for this virtual event, post on Social Media AND tag #HospitalityHustle are automatically entered to win a weekly prize.
About the BC Hospitality Foundation
The BC Hospitality Foundation (BCHF) is a registered charity that raises funds to support those in the hospitality industry facing financial crisis due to a health condition. In addition, the BCHF offers a scholarship program to foster the development of the next generation of workers and industry leaders. www.bchospitalityfoundation.com
Content provided by BCHF