The new year is just around the corner, bringing with it ample opportunity to celebrate as we say goodbye to 2022 and hello to 2023. Gather the family for some fun or head out on the town with your besties—however you choose to celebrate, you'll be sure to have lots of fun at any of these Kelowna spots.
Celebrate with the Whole Family
Fireworks at Big White Ski Resort
- The long-running and popular Valley First New York New Years, presented by Festivals Kelowna, is back! This family-friendly event takes place downtown in Stuart Part and at the Kelowna Community Theatre, including live entertainment, activity stations, games, and more. The evening caps off with fireworks, which happen at 9 p.m. to align with New York's time zone so the little ones can enjoy the experience, too.
- Both Big White Ski Resort and SilverStar Mountain Resort will also have fireworks displays on New Year's Eve.
- McCurdy Bowling Centre is offering all-you-can-bowl starting at 8 p.m. on New Year's Eve, so set your sites on scoring as many turkeys as possible (that's three strikes in a row, for those who may not know).
Savour Local Flavours
- CRAFT Beer Market has two ways to celebrate, thanks to its Let's Get Fizzy 4-course dinner and countdown party—attend both or simply come for the countdown party later in the evening.
- Frankie We Salute You! wants you to enjoy La Dolce Vita with its 4-course, plant-based Italian feast at either an early seating (between 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.) or late seating (between 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.).
- Freddy's Brewpub will be hosting a New Year's Eve dinner where you can feast on slow-cooked Prime Rib and scrumptious sides (you can also take in the comedy show afterwards).
- Matadora Taperia, located south of downtown in Pandosy, is hosting a Spanish-inspired New Year's Eve dinner that includes delectable dishes like Jamon Serrano wrapped dates stuffed
with aged manchego, cheese croquettes, and traditional Valencia saffron paella.
- Downtown, Soul de Cuba Cafe will be serving up a delicious 4-course dinner, complete with music from a Cuban flutist, followed by dancing and a countdown to midnight.
- Nearby, Waterfront Wines is offering a mouth-watering 5-course dinner with a main course choice of Roasted Beef Tenderloin or Miso Crusted Gindara Sablefish.
Dine and Stay
- Both Lakeside Dining at Hotel Eldorado and Maestro's at Manteo are offering multiple seatings for their 3-course New Year's Eve dinners—Hotel Eldorado will also have live music for its late seating. Once you've dined on the delicious fare and toasted the new year, why not take the elevator to your room instead of having to make your way home?
- The Cove Lakeside Resort makes it easy to have a romantic getaway with that special someone thanks to its NYE 2023 Package. The package includes a two-night stay in one of the resort's suites, along with a bottle of bubbly and keepsake flute glasses, sweet treats from a local chocolatier, and festive swag—check in on December 30 or December 31.
- Click here for more accommodation options.
Have Some Laughs
- Award-winning comedian, Erica Sigurdson, will be performing at Train Wreck Comedy's New Year's event, taking place at the Kelowna Curling Club. The evening will include a buffet dinner at 7 p.m., followed by the comedy show, and then champagne at midnight.
- Freddy's Brewpub is also teaming up with Train Wreck Comedy to present a New Year's Eve night of laughs courtesy of Canadian comedian, Byron Betram. Separate tickets are available for the Prime Rib dinner being served beforehand.
Toast the New Year
- Over in West Kelowna, Crown & Thieves is hosting A Gatsby New Year's. This 1920s-themed event will include small bites, live jazz from musician Anna Rose, and more.
- Gotham Nightclub's New Year's Eve party will have three floors of entertainment, along with complimentary champagne and a balloon drop at midnight.
- Lakesider Brewing, also located in West Kelowna, will be getting funky as they welcome Paraiso Latin Band to the stage for their New Year's Eve event.
- Downtown, Red Bird Brewing is throwing a Black Tie New Year's Eve Party—put on your best attire to strut the red carpet before dancing the night away!
- Keep the good times rolling on New Year's Day and get your blood pumping by taking part in the 9th annual Polar Bear Dip. You'll run into icy cold Okanagan Lake from Tugboat Bay Beach, all in support of Community Recreational Initiatives Society (CRIS), an organization that works to ensure people of all abilities can explore the Okanagan's outdoor playground.
Stay tuned to our calendar of winter holiday events for more NYE events happening in and around the city (events are added as they are announced).