Do you regularly host special events, live music, or workshops? Did you know you can submit events to our online calendar through your Tourism Kelowna Extranet account? Our events calendar is one of the most highly-visited pages on tourismkelowna.com, providing an excellent platform to promote your event to visitors and locals alike.
Not only will your listing appear on the events calendar page, but it will also populate the events tab on your organization's web listing(s) on tourismkelowna.com, giving you additional exposure. Our calendar is also used to select events for inclusion in our weekly What's Happening email, which is also promoted through our social media channels.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to submit your events.
Logging into the Extranet
To submit your event, you will first need to login to the Extranet. If you haven’t done so before, follow these steps:
- Go to this website: https://kelowna.extranet.simpleviewcrm.com/login
- Login with the business email address and password that was provided to you by Tourism Kelowna.
- Click “Forgot Password” if you haven’t logged in before or if you cannot remember your password.
- Email our Digital Marketing Co-ordinator, Steve Small, at email@example.com if your email address is not connected to the Extranet.
Submitting Your Event
Once logged in, you can submit your event as follows:
- Click on the “Collateral” tab on the left-hand menu, then click “Calendar of Events,” then “Add Event.”
- Add an appropriate image to the listing. The ideal image dimensions are 640 pixels (width) by 435 pixels (height).
- Input the “Event Information:”
- The “Event Description” is your opportunity to sell your event, so be as creative as you like.
- Include as much information as you can, including an event website and contact information.
- If another organization is hosting the event at your venue, you can list them in the “Host Organization Listing” field. Select your own organization if you are the only host.
- Select the “Primary Category” for the event from the drop-down menu. Tourism Kelowna will select other categories, as required, during the approval process.
- Input the “Event Location:”
- Type the name of the venue into the “Venue Listing” field.
- If the venue is a stakeholder with Tourism Kelowna, you will be able to select them from the menu and the remaining address details will auto-fill.
- If the venue is not listed, you will have to manually enter all the information.
- Fill out the “Event Dates” section:
- Select the recurrence of the event using the tabs provided (i.e. One Day, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly).
- Use the “Custom” option sparingly; most events should be able to be listed using the other options.
- Select the “Community” in which the event is taking place from the drop-down menu in the "General" section.
- Click on "Save" to complete the event listing.
Once you have saved the listing, it will be submitted to Tourism Kelowna for approval. The approval process should be complete within 48 hours. Your listing will be live on tourismkelowna.com within 1-2 hours of approval.
You can monitor the status of your event from the list on the "Calendar of Events" page in your Extranet account. Once approved, you can also edit the event details from this same page or delete the event entirely if required.
If you have any questions about the events calendar feature or any of the other features in the Extranet, contact Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 861-1515 ext. 216.