Numerous organizations are hosting webinars and virtual events that seek to provide information, to help us stay connected, and to inspire new ways of thinking. Each week, we’ll share some of the upcoming webinars and virtual events you can attend.
Destination BC (DBC) Road to Recovery Webinar Series
DBC’s six-part Road to Recovery webinar series provides support for tourism businesses as they move forward during the restart and recovery phases of COVID-19. The webinars taking place this upcoming week are:
- May 21: Managing Expectations and Reputation Through Effective Communication
- May 26: Using Social Media to Support Re-opening
All webinars take place at 2 p.m. PDT. For more information on the webinar series and to register for upcoming sessions, click here.
WorkSafeBC Health & Safety Guidelines
- The Government of BC will be hosting a BC Restart Plan townhall focused on workplace safety on Thursday, May 21, at 7:15 p.m. Minister of Labour Harry Bains and Al Johnson, Vice President of Prevention Services – WorkSafeBC, will be participating in the townhall. Click here for more information.
- This Friday, May 22, from 1-2 p.m. PDT, the BC Tourism Resiliency Network will host its next webinar. Chris Back, Director of OHG Consultation & Education Services, will discuss what employers and employees should consider as they think about re-opening. For more information and to register, click here.
- British Columbia Restaurant and Foodservices Association (BCRFA) will be hosting a Zoom call on Thursday, May 21, at 10 a.m. to go through the Provincial Health Order and WorkSafeBC protocols and answer any questions about the guidelines. Click here to join the call (no registration is required).
Small Business BC (SBBC) Webinars and Digital Meetups
SBBC has several COVID-19 special topic webinars taking place this upcoming week including:
- May 21: Creating Professional Video Content Using Your Phone
- May 22: Web Presence 101 and Customer Engagement During COVID-19
- May 22: HR Action Items for Reopening Your Business
Click here for information on these webinars and several others being held this week.
You can also join in SBBC’s Digital Meetups, which take place every Tuesday and Thursday at 11 a.m. This week’s topics are understanding BC’s Restart Plan and talking about employment grant opportunities for tech businesses. Click here for more information.
The MX. Online: Connection, Communication, Collaboration
The MX. Online returns on Thursday, May 21, 2020, from 12-1 p.m. PDT, with a focus on some of the community’s favourite LGBT2Q+ owned providers of food, beverage, and good times. Join Rebellious Unicorns for a virtual panel discussion, ‘Lunch & Learn’ style, featuring: Rudy Tomazic (Friends of Dorothy Lounge), Karen MacKenzie (DunnEnzies Pizza Co), Kevin Bodja (QB Gelato), and Matt Bliskis (TNT Dynamite Gourmet Food Truck). Click here for more information and to register.
Kelowna Chamber of Commerce Webinars
The Kelowna Chamber of Commerce has two webinars taking place this week:
- May 21: Business Smarts: Protecting Yourself From Fraud
- May 25: Okanagan College Series Online – with Minister Mona Fortier
Minister Fortier will be discussing the government support available to Canadians and businesses impacted by COVID-19. Click here for more information on these and other upcoming webinars.
Opening up the Conversation About Mental Health and Illness
Okanagan Young Professionals (OYP) will host its next Lunch & Learn on Wednesday, May 20, from 12-1 p.m. PDT. This week’s conversation will focus on mental health and illness, providing local resources and tools to keep the conversation going. Click here for more information and to register.