Numerous organizations continue to host webinars and virtual events, while also starting to bring back in-person events, to provide learning and networking opportunities and facilitate discussions on a variety of topics. Here are some of the upcoming events you can attend.
Former Tourism Vancouver President & CEO, Rick Antonson, will present at the next Okanagan College Series session, taking place on Tuesday, September 28, from 12-1:30 p.m. PDT. In the online session, Antonson will provide insights from his time with Tourism Vancouver and offer his thoughts on future business opportunities post-COVID. Visit the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce website to learn more and to register.
On Wednesday, September 29, from 12-1 p.m., go2HR and the BC Museums Association (BCMA) will provide tips for front-line staff to not only deliver remarkable experiences but to also handle challenges effectively as they arise. Learn more and register on the BCMA website.
The next virtual coffee social, hosted by Okanagan Young Professionals (OYP) Collective, will take place from 8-9 a.m. PDT on Wednesday, September 29. Register and join in on Kumospace to network with other Kelowna professionals. Visit the OYP website for more information and to register.
There are several in-person and online events taking place to recognize and commemorate National Day for Truth and Reconciliation and Orange Shirt Day, which are both observed on September 30:
- September 28: Two Spirit Tea – National Day for Truth and Reconciliation | 6:30 p.m. PDT | Online session presented by Unicorns.LIVE
- September 29: na̓ʔk̓ʷulamən: TRC Call to Action #94, A Discussion | 7-8:30 p.m. PDT | Online session presented by Kelowna Museum
- September 30: Drum circle at the Elders Hall | 2:15 p.m. PDT | Presented by Westbank First Nation community members (COVID-19 measures in place, including a 50-attendee maximum.)
- September 30 and October 2: Family Orange Shirt Day | 12 to 4 p.m. PDT | Presented by Kelowna Museums at the Okanagan Heritage Museum.
- September 30: Outdoor Indigenous Market | 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. PDT | Presented by Spirit of the Lake Native Boutique
The final session in kinSHIFT and Purppl's four-part Elements of Truth series, Water: Shared Responsibilities, takes place on Thursday, September 30 from 3-5:30 p.m. PDT. For more information on this workshop, and to view future dates/times that the series will be offered, visit the kinSHIFT website.
Join Small Business BC (SBBC) on Tuesday, October 5, from 1-3 p.m. PDT, to learn more about search engine marketing and analytics for your website. The online session will be facilitated by Warren Thompson, co-founder of Ollo Metrics. Find more information and register on the SBBC website.
For information on how to access this session, along with future education webinars and additional SBBC resources, free of charge, visit Destination BC’s website.
Presented by GreenStep Solutions, this webinar will provide businesses and organizations in the tourism sector with a wealth of information regarding sustainability, including how to start incorporating changes to make your operations more sustainable. Learn more about the free session, which will take place Tuesday, October 5 at 10 a.m. PDT, and register on the GreenStep Solutions website.
Have an upcoming event or webinar that would be of interest to those in the tourism industry? Email us so we can include the information in our next roundup.