Local, provincial, and national organizations regularly host in-person and virtual events to provide learning and networking opportunities and facilitate discussions on various topics. Here are some of the upcoming events you can attend in the weeks ahead.
Join the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) on Tuesday, November 1, for an information session about eLearningU's Tourism Digital Marketing course and online learning resources, and how to get a discounted price through TOTA. Register for the online session, which takes place at 10 a.m. PDT, through Zoom.
Members of Kelowna's 2SLGBTQIA+ community and allies are invited to network, gather, and socialize at MX., presented by TD Bank and sponsored by Sarah Sucloy. Hosted by Rebellious Unicorns at Friends of Dorothy Lounge on the first Wednesday of every month, MX. is "an opportunity to meet like-minded people away from those lovely apps." November's MX. will take place on November 2 from 5 to 7 p.m. PDT. Visit the Rebellious Unicorns website to purchase tickets.
Join Doak Shireff Lawyers LLP on Wednesday, November 2, at their offices to learn more about employment contracts. The free lunch & learn session will take place from 12 to 1 p.m. PDT. Registration can be completed through Eventbrite.
The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) is inviting BC-based tourism businesses to a free virtual session to learn more about the Biosphere Sustainable Lifestyle Platform, which helps businesses "track their progress towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals through a customized Sustainable Action Plan." The session will take place on Thursday, November 3, at 11 a.m. PDT. Click here to register.
Join the Next Steps for Walking the Reconciliation Path working group on Thursday, November 3, for a Reading Circle highlighting the contents of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP), which is the centrepiece of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission's (TRC) 94 Calls to Action for Canadians. The virtual session will take place from 6:30 to 8 p.m. PDT. Visit Eventbrite to learn more and to register.
Okanagan coLab is inviting early-stage entrepreneurs, founds, and investors to their next Startup Founder Hot Seat panel on Tuesday, November 8, from 6 to 7 p.m. PST. Attendees of the virtual event will learn about the "ins and outs of raising capital in the current economic climate." Click here to learn more and to register.
The BC Beverage Technology Access Centre (BCBTAC) is presenting this online webinar, where Martha Carman, food and beverage regulatory expert, will "discuss the necessary label changes being made to food and beverage products in Canada by December 14, 2022." The complimentary session will take place from 4 to 5:30 p.m. PST on Thursday, November 10. Click here to register.
Small Business BC (SBBC) regularly offers a variety of live education webinars.
- Visit the SBBC website to view upcoming webinars.
- Visit Destination BC’s website for information on how to access these and future education webinars, along with additional SBBC resources, free of charge.
- TIAC Tourism Congress | November 22 – 23, 2022 | Ottawa, ON
- IMPACT Sustainable Travel & Tourism Conference 2023 | January 23 – 25, 2023 | Victoria, BC
- 2023 Dine Around Sip, Savour & Stay | January 18 – February 9, 2023 | Kelowna & Central Okanagan, BC
- Every Chef Needs a Farmer, Every Farmer Needs a Chef | February 28, 2023 | Kelowna, BC
- 2023 International Indigenous Tourism Conference | March 8 – 10, 2023 | Winnipeg, MB
Save the Date
Registration for the following events will open soon:
- SPARK - BC Hotel & Liquor Conference | November 15, 2022 | Vancouver, BC
- 2022 Thompson Okanagan Tourism Summit | February 22, 2023 | Kamloops, BC
- 2023 BC Tourism & Hospitality Conference | March 1 – 2, 2023 | Prince George, BC
Have an upcoming event or webinar that would be of interest to those in the tourism industry? Email us so we can include the information in our next roundup.