Local, provincial, and national organizations regularly host in-person and virtual events to provide learning and networking opportunities and facilitate discussions on various topics. Here are some of the upcoming events you can attend in the weeks ahead.
TOTA 29th Annual Golf Tournament
The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) is hosting its 29th Annual Golf Tournament at Black Mountain Golf Club on Thursday, October 13. Registration for the event, which runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., closes on Monday, October 10. Visit the TOTA website for more information and to secure your spot.
Empower Her - Kelowna
On October 18, WORTH Association will host Empower Her, bringing together women from recreation, tourism, and hospitality for an evening of networking and inspiring panel discussion from notable women in our industries, including Tourism Kelowna President & CEO, Lisanne Ballantyne. The event will take place from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Coast Capri Hotel. Visit the event website for more information and to purchase your tickets.
2022 Small Business Week
BDC Small Business Week takes place from October 16 to 22, 2022—this year's event celebrates Canada's dreamers and doers through its theme, Dare to do things differently: Power up your growth. The week will include:
- Signature events hosted by BDC
- 2022 Small Business Summit hosted online by the BC Chamber of Commerce free of charge; sessions include:
- Thriving post-pandemic
- Contributing to the reconciliation journey
- Prioritizing mental health in the workplace
- Cyber security
- Climate change readiness
- Community events held online and in-person across the country
Small Business BC (SBBC) Live Education
Small Business BC (SBBC) has several upcoming webinars including:
- Thursday, October 13
- How to Drive More Traffic to Your Website | 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday, October 17
- Business Networking Skills for Success | 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- How to Bring Clarity and Coherence to Your Team | 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 18
- Blogging to Promote Your Business | 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 19
- Reimagining Recruitment: New Ways to Strengthen Your Team | 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 21
- Advanced Websites: How to Turn Your Web Traffic into Sales | 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Click the links above to register or visit the SBBC website to view additional upcoming webinars.
Visit Destination BC’s website for information on how to access these and future education webinars, along with additional SBBC resources, free of charge.
Downtown Kelowna 'After 5'
The Balsam School, Pela, and Hatch Interior Design are hosting the next Downtown Kelowna 'After 5' on Wednesday, October 19, from 5-7 p.m. The event will take place at The Innovation Centre, offering the opportunity to network and socialize with fellow business and community members. Tickets are $12 each and include appetizers and two complimentary drink tickets; group pricing is available, in limited quantities. Learn more and purchase tickets through Eventbrite.
Greater Westside Board of Trade's Business After Hours
Join the Greater Westside Board of Trade at City Furniture West Kelowna on October 20 for its October Business After Hours event. Taking place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., the event offers networking, local food and drink. and some great prizes. Tickets are $10 for members and $20 for non-members. Visit the GWBT website for more information and to purchase tickets.
- TOTA 29th Annual Golf Tournament | October 13, 2022 | at Black Mountain Golf Club
- Western Canadian Lodging Conference | October 24 – 25, 2022 | Vancouver, BC
- Sports Events Congress 2022 | November 2 – 4, 2022 | Edmonton, AB
- IMPACT Sustainable Travel & Tourism Conference 2023 | January 23 – 25, 2023 | Victoria, BC
- Every Chef Needs a Farmer, Every Farmer Needs a Chef | February 28, 2023 | Kelowna, BC
- 2023 International Indigenous Tourism Conference | March 8 – 10, 2023 | Winnipeg, MB
Save the Date
Registration for the following events will open soon:
- 2022 Thompson Okanagan Tourism Summit | November 9, 2022 | Kamloops, BC
- SPARK - BC Hotel & Liquor Conference | November 15, 2022 | Vancouver, BC
- 2023 BC Tourism & Hospitality Conference | March 1 – 2, 2023 | Prince George, BC
Have an upcoming event or webinar that would be of interest to those in the tourism industry? Email us so we can include the information in our next roundup.