Numerous organizations continue to host webinars and virtual events, while also starting to bring back in-person events, to provide learning and networking opportunities and facilitate discussions on a variety of topics. Here are some of the upcoming events you can attend.
Kelowna Museums is hosting an online event on Tuesday, March 8, to celebrate International Women's Day (IWD). The event, which will take place from 7 – 8:30 p.m. PST, will introduce attendees to the "driven, daring and dynamic women who called the Okanagan home, paving the way for generations to come." Proceeds from the event will go to the Kelowna Women's Shelter. Visit Eventbrite to purchase tickets.
Small Business BC (SBBC) has several upcoming webinars including:
- Tuesday, March 8
- The New Art of Selling | 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. PST
- International Women's Day Panel: Breaking Biases in the Workplace | 1 – 2:30 p.m. PST
- Wednesday, March 9
- Thursday, March 10
- Financing for Indigenous Small Business | 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. PST
- Monday, March 14
- Creating Engaging Video Content with Your Phone | 1 – 3 p.m. PST
- Tuesday, March 15
- Online Lead Generation for Small Business | 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. PST
Click the links above or visit the SBBC website to register and to view additional upcoming webinars.
Visit Destination BC’s website for information on how to access these and future education webinars, along with additional SBBC resources, free of charge.
On Wednesday, March 9, Paula Verholen, Co-op Partner Engagement Advisor with UBC Okanagan (UBCO), will be hosting an online session for employers to learn more about the organization's co-op program and how it can assist with current or future hiring needs. The virtual event takes place at 10:30 a.m. PST via Zoom; register online.
Join the Greater Westside Board of Trade on Thursday, March 10, at The Cove Lakeside Resort as they hand out the 2022 Key Business Awards. The in-person event will take place from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. PST and includes a 3-course plated dinner. Learn more and purchase tickets online.
If you're eager to get feedback on your startup idea, you'll want to join Accelerate Okanagan's Pitch Night on Thursday, March 10, at 5:30 p.m. PST. Get ready to put your best foot forward as you pitch your idea to a panel of judges and the audience—the event is informal and designed to provide helpful feedback. Visit Eventbrite to learn more, submit your idea, and register for the free event.
If volunteers are an important part of your organization's operations, you'll want to join in KCR Community Resources Nourishing Volunteer Managers webinar series. The next free session in the series takes place on Tuesday, March 15, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. PST., with informal networking before and after the event. Learn more and register here.
Upcoming Tourism Industry Events
- National Indigenous Tourism Conference | March 8 – 10 | Calgary, AB
- BC Tourism & Hospitality Conference 2022 | March 9 – 11 | Richmond, BC
- 2022 BC Economic Summit: Reconciliation and Resiliency - A Future for BC | April 3 – 5 | Virtual Event
- IMPACT Sustainability Travel & Tourism Conference 2022 | May 8 – 11 | Victoria, BC
- Rendez-vous Canada+ | May 24 –27 | Toronto, ON (hybrid event)
Have an upcoming event or webinar that would be of interest to those in the tourism industry? Email us so we can include the information in our next roundup.