Local, provincial, and national organizations regularly host in-person and virtual events to provide learning and networking opportunities and facilitate discussions on various topics. Here are some upcoming events you can attend in the weeks ahead.
Speaker Series: Attraction and Retention of Talent via a Meaningful Mental Health Culture
On Tuesday, March 7, the Kelowna Chamber will welcome Denis Trottier, Chief Mental Health Officer for KPMG in Canada, for its next Speaker Series event. Associate Dean of the Okanagan School of Business, Laura Thurnheer, will facilitate the conversation with Denis, focusing on how a meaningful organizational culture that prioritizes the wellness of its team can aid in attracting and retaining staff. The in-person event will occur from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Coast Capri Hotel. Tickets for the luncheon can be purchased through the Kelowna Chamber website.
International Women's Day
Several events are happening in and around Kelowna in recognition of International Women's Day, officially celebrated annually on March 8.
- Women in Art and Entomology | 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. at the Okanagan Heritage Museum, with guests from the Royal BC Museum
- Celebrating International Women's Day: From Burnout to Career Breakthrough | 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Staples Studio Kelowna
- Female Founders, Funders, and Fortifiers Speaker Series | 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Sandhill Wines
- A Reel Evening Retreat | 4:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. at Rustic Reel
- International Women's Day Un-networking Event with WeBC | 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Kelowna Yacht Club
- RCA Presents: Yuk Yuk's - I am Woman Hear Me Laugh | 7:30 p.m. at the Rotary Centre for the Arts
Small Business BC (SBBC) Live Education
Small Business BC (SBBC) has several upcoming webinars, including:
- March 9
- Mental Health Tools and Resources for Small Businesses: Part 1 | 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- March 15
- Start Smart 1: Basics of Starting a Business | 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Start Smart 2: Key Considerations of Starting a Business | 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- March 16
- Mental Health Tools and Resources for Small Businesses: Part 2 | 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- March 17
- Market Research 1: Finding Business Data and Insights | 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Click the links above to register or visit the SBBC website for additional upcoming webinars. For information on accessing these and future education webinars, along with other SBBC resources, free of charge, visit Destination BC’s website.
OKGN Angel Summit Finale
The time has come for the 2023 OKGN Angel Summit Finale, taking place at the Kelowna Innovation Centre on Thursday, March 16, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. The Top 6 companies of the 10-week program will deliver their final pitches to the Summit's 40 angel investors, with the chance to take home a $225k investment fund. Learn more and get tickets on Eventbrite.
Business After Hours
Join the Greater Westside Board of Trade (GWBT) at Kelly O'Bryan's on Thursday, March 16, for their March Business After Hours event. From 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., the event offers networking, local food and drink, and some great prizes—wear green to celebrate St. Patrick's Day Eve. Tickets are $10 for members and $20 for non-members.
Future Industry Events
- Global Meetings Industry Day | March 30, 2023
- National Volunteer Week | April 16–22, 2023
- Tourism Week in Canada | April 24–30, 2023
- BC Hotel Association Summit | Kelowna, BC | May 1–2, 2023 | Early bird pricing ends March 17.
Have an upcoming event or webinar that would interest those in the tourism industry? Email us so we can include the information in our next roundup.