Numerous organizations continue to host webinars and virtual events, while also starting to bring back in-person events, to provide learning and networking opportunities and facilitate discussions on a variety of topics. Here are some of the upcoming events you can attend.
Small Business BC (SBBC) has several upcoming webinars including:
- Tuesday, February 22
- TaxSense for Small Business | 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. PST
- Wednesday, February 23
- Market Research 2: Surveys and Focus Groups | 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. PST
- Thursday, February 24
- Wine Exporting 101 | 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. PST
Click the links above or visit the SBBC website to register and to view additional upcoming webinars.
Visit Destination BC’s website for information on how to access these and future education webinars, along with additional SBBC resources, free of charge.
Raise a fork on Tuesday, February 22, in celebration of Canada's Agriculture Day! Whether you work in the industry or want to support colleagues or friends who do, here are some ways you can get involved:
- Post a photo, make a video, or write a blog celebrating Canadian agriculture.
- Encourage your customers, family, and friends to show off their culinary talents using all-Canadian ingredients.
- Teach someone something new about agriculture—share your knowledge and story with others.
- Post a "forks up" selfie.
Session two of WeBC's 3-part series Build Your HR Strategy Toolkit will take place on Thursday, January 24, from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. PST. The webinar, which costs $20 to attend, will focus on retention strategies to keep employees motivated and engaged. Registration can be completed online.
Registration for the first and third sessions can be completed through the links below:
- February 17 | Hiring 101: Finding Great Employees in a Labour Shortage | 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. PST
- March 3 | Managing HR: Building Trust Within Your Team | 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. PST
You can register to attend all three sessions for $50.
As part of its Business Owners Series, MNP will be hosting a virtual session on Thursday, February 24, to discuss ways owners can ensure they are running their businesses efficiently as possible with the numerous challenges that are currently present. The webinar will take place at 9 a.m. PST and registration can be completed through Zoom.
On Thursday, February 24, Kelowna Lake Country MP, Tracy Gray, and Central Okanagan-Similkameen-Nicola MP, Dan Albas, will provide insight on the current issues in Ottawa as well as updates on their priorities and work on behalf of the region. This in-person luncheon, which is being hosted by the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce as part of its Okanagan College Series, will be held at the Kelowna Ramada Hotel & Conference Centre from 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. PST. Tickets are $52 for Chamber members and $67 for non-members; the deadline to purchase tickets from the Chamber website is Friday, February 18.
In Case You Missed It
- A recording of Destination Canada's (DC) recent webinar detailing the findings of its report, Tourism's Big Shift, is now available on the DC website.
Upcoming Tourism Industry Events
- National Indigenous Tourism Conference | March 8 – 10 | Calgary, AB
- BC Tourism & Hospitality Conference 2022 | March 9 – 11 | Richmond, BC
- 2022 BC Economic Summit: Reconciliation and Resiliency - A Future for BC | April 3 – 5 | Virtual Event
- IMPACT Sustainability Travel & Tourism Conference 2022 | May 8 – 11 | Victoria, BC
- Rendez-vous Canada+ | May 24 –27 | Toronto, ON (hybrid event)
Have an upcoming event or webinar that would be of interest to those in the tourism industry? Email us so we can include the information in our next roundup.