Numerous organizations continue to host webinars and virtual events, while also starting to bring back in-person events, to provide learning and networking opportunities and facilitate discussions on a variety of topics. Here are some of the upcoming events you can attend.
Small Business BC (SBBC) has several upcoming webinars including:
- Tuesday, April 5
- Business Networking Skills for Success | 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. PDT
- Wednesday, April 6
- Social Media for Small Business | 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
Click the links above or visit the SBBC website to register and to view additional upcoming webinars.
Visit Destination BC’s website for information on how to access these and future education webinars, along with additional SBBC resources, free of charge.
The Government of BC's Employers' Advisers Office will outline the basic requirements of due diligence to attendees of this 90-minute webinar. The session, which is geared towards managers, supervisors, and HR and Health & Safety professionals, will take place on Tuesday, April 5, from 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m PDT. Registration can be completed online.
Tourism Kelowna stakeholders are invited to join this webinar to learn more about the Simpleview Partner Portal (previously known as the Extranet) —the following topics will be covered:
- How to access, create, and manage a business listing profile
- How to understand reports of successes in the Benefits Summary
- How to respond to RFPs and opportunities
Join this complimentary session on Wednesday, April 6, at 10 a.m. PDT—click here to learn more and to register.
Learn more about recent developments and updates to the Employment Standards Act, including changes in response to COVID-19, in this complimentary session hosted by Community Futures North Okanagan on Wednesday, April 6, from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. PDT. Visit Eventbrite to register.
Join this panel session on Thursday, April 7, to learn more about the women-owned business certification and how it can positively impact your business. This free webinar is being hosted by WeBC from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. PDT. Visit the WeBC website for more information and to register.
Upcoming Industry Events
- Global Meetings Industry Day 2022: #TimeToMeet | April 7
- National Volunteer Week 2022: Volunteering is Empathy in Action | April 24 – 30
- IMPACT Sustainability Travel & Tourism Conference 2022 | May 8 – 11
- Rendez-vous Canada+ | May 24 –27
- Tourism Week in Canada 2022 | May 29 – June 4 (further details to be announced)
Have an upcoming event or webinar that would be of interest to those in the tourism industry? Email us so we can include the information in our next roundup.