Numerous organizations continue to host webinars and virtual events, while also starting to bring back in-person events, to provide learning and networking opportunities and facilitate discussions on a variety of topics. Here are some of the upcoming events you can attend.
On Tuesday, April 19, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. PDT, join TOTA and Indigenous Tourism BC to learn more about grants—including the types of grants available and where to find them—and how to set yourself up for success throughout the grant proposal process. Tickets for the session are $21 and can be purchased through the TOTA website.
If volunteers are an important part of your organization's operations, you'll want to join in KCR Community Resources' monthly Nourishing Volunteer Managers meetings. The next free, in-person session in the series, focused on self-care and caring for others, takes place on Tuesday, April 19, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. PDT., with informal networking starting at 11:30 a.m. Learn more about the series and register on the KCR website.
Employment, labour, and human rights Lawyer, Kelsey Wheelhouse, will be the featured speaker at this online session on Wednesday, April 20, from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. PDT. The webinar, which is being hosted by Community Futures North Okanagan, will "explore a bullying and harassment workplace scenario to assist participants in preparing for a future incident." Click here to learn more and to register.
On Wednesday, April 20, join BC Tech Association virtually from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. PDT to learn more about implicit bias from guest speaker, Andrea Reimer, adjunct professor at UBC School of Public Policy and Global Affairs and founder and principal of Tawâw Strategies. Registration for the event can be completed through the BC Tech Association website.
Employers are invited to join Tourism HR Canada to learn more about the Propel Student Work Placement Program, which is a wage subsidy program designed specifically for the tourism and hospitality sector. The free info session will take place virtually on Thursday, April 21, at 10 a.m. PDT. Registration can be completed through Zoom.
Take a break from your routine by joining OYP Collective for a day of coworking at Okanagan coLab on Thursday, April 21. Doors will open at 8 a.m. and allow you to work independently, amongst other professionals, in the coworking space. OYP and Valley First will be co-hosting a Lunch & Learn on financial literacy as part of the day. Registration for this free event can be completed through Eventbrite.
Join the Greater Westside Board of Trade at the Big Bear Innovation Centre and Urban Distilleries & Winery for Business After Hours, which will take place on Thursday, April 21, from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. PDT. Click here to register.
Small Business BC (SBBC) has several upcoming webinars including:
- Tuesday, April 19
- Pricing Strategies: Pricing and Costing Your Product | 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. PDT
- Business Planning for Developing Businesses | 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
- Wednesday, April 20
- Online Lead Generation for Small Business | 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. PDT
- Market Research 1: Finding Business Data and Insights | 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
- Tuesday, April 26
- Get Started with Email Marketing | 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. PDT
Click the links above to register or visit the SBBC website to view additional upcoming webinars.
Visit Destination BC’s website for information on how to access these and future education webinars, along with additional SBBC resources, free of charge.
Talent MATCH and Talent 4 Non-Profits will be co-hosting this complimentary virtual session on Tuesday, April 26, at 3 p.m. PDT. Guest speaker, Akanksha Thakur (she/her), Project Lead for ACE-WIL’s EDI Resource Hub and the EDI Program Manager at TransLink, will introduce the EDI Hub and provide information on inclusive hiring. Click here to learn more and to register.
Upcoming Industry Events
- Heart of Hospitality Awards | April 21
- Kelowna Civic & Community Awards Gala | April 28
- Peachland Business Excellence Awards | April 30
- BCHF Okanagan Golf Tournament | May 10
- Tourism Kelowna Industry Forum and Annual General Meeting | May 11 (stay tuned for further details)
- Small Business BC Virtual Awards Gala | April 28
- IMPACT Sustainability Travel & Tourism Conference 2022 | May 8 – 11
- National Volunteer Week 2022: Volunteering is Empathy in Action | April 24 – 30
- Hotel Association of Canada Conference | May 2 – 3
- Rendez-vous Canada+ | May 24 –27
- Tourism Week in Canada 2022 | May 29 – June 4 (further details to be announced)
Have an upcoming event or webinar that would be of interest to those in the tourism industry? Email us so we can include the information in our next roundup.