The 2021-22 Tourism Kelowna Society Board of Directors, announced earlier this month at the Society’s AGM, is now in place and ready to guide the destination marketing organization’s restart efforts, when the time is right, while supporting the industry through recovery and beyond.
The selection of executive officers took place at the newly elected board’s first meeting, with four of the 2020/21 board’s executive committee members retaining positions. Continuity on the board, both at the executive and director level, is an asset for the organization as it provides an experienced team of volunteers who can guide the organization as BC progresses through its four-staged restart plan.
“The board of directors is excited about BC’s Restart Plan, including what the tourism industry can look forward to at each stage of the plan,” said returning Chair, Joseph Clohessy. “While we know it will take time to rebuild and fully recover, we are grateful for the opportunity to have a summer tourism season this year and are energized about what the future holds for our industry and for Tourism Kelowna as an organization.”
Tourism Kelowna President & CEO, Lisanne Ballantyne, who oversees the organization’s day-to-day operations, will work closely with the board to help the industry get back on its feet. As travel restrictions continue to ease, destination marketing efforts outside our region will resume; this is expected to happen during Step 3 of the restart plan, which is slated to start July 1, at the earliest.
2021-22 Tourism Kelowna Society Board of Directors (executive officers in bold):
- Chair, Joseph Clohessy, Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort
- Vice Chair, Kelly Watt, Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna
- Past Chair, Thom Killingsworth, Kelowna Yacht Club
- Treasurer, Edan Fay, The Royal Kelowna
- Secretary, Annika Betts, Sandhill Winery
- Audrey Surrao, RauDZ Creative Concepts Ltd.
- Carla Carlson, Comfort Suites Kelowna by Choice Hotels
- Cedric Younge, Hyatt Place Kelowna
- Dale Sivucha, Coast Capri Hotel (Kelowna)
- Gail Given, Counsellor, City of Kelowna
- Jon De Bruyne, Kelowna Concierge
- Kristi Caldwell, Wiseacre Farm Distillery
- Michael J. Ballingall, Big White Ski Resort
- Nataley Nagy, Kelowna Art Gallery
- Natalie Corbett, President, Kelowna Hotel Motel Association; Accent Inns / Hotel Zed
- Penny Gambell, Counsellor, District of Lake Country
- Sam Samaddar, Kelowna International Airport
For more information, please contact Lisanne Ballantyne at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (250) 861-1515 ext. 202.
For media inquiries, please contact Director of Marketing & Communications, Chris Shauf, at email@example.com or (250) 861-1515 ext. 203.
Industry stakeholders who are interested in connecting with board members directly can email firstname.lastname@example.org.