The Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) has launched an easy-to-use online platform so tourism industry members can quickly send a letter to their respective Member of Parliament asking them to support the tourism sector.
The Tourism Counts website outlines the economic impact of the tourism industry, as well as TIAC's recommendations to the government, which include five core themes:
- Championing Safety – ensuring coordinated regulatory efforts to develop a climate of public safety and help fund costs for new health and safety requirements.
- Sustaining Liquidity & Supporting Solvency – ensuring the sector is positioned to survive the next 2-24 months, at present, many businesses are at risk of closing.
- Enticing Canadians to Travel – positive messaging, when appropriate, reassuring people it is safe to travel.
- Repositioning Canada’s Visitor Economy – to re-emerge a stronger and more cost-competitive global tourism competitor.
- Supercharging the Canadian Economy – fast tracking growth capital.
You can read TIAC's full proposal by clicking here.
If you are in support of TIAC's call to government, asking for a specific tourism-recovery plan, take a few moments to send your letter of support electronically.