More and more businesses in the Kelowna area and across the Okanagan Valley have made the decision to become a Biosphere Committed Entity. You may have heard about this program from the fantastic recognition that the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) is receiving or from the information Tourism Kelowna has shared through our Industry News Centre. If you are still contemplating whether or not your business should participate, here are just a few of the benefits of the program.
- Join an internationally recognized sustainability system aligned with the United Nations World Tourism Organization and The Global Sustainability Tourism Council.
- Be part of a greater movement of responsible tourism for our destination, ensuring we are preserving our beautiful city for the enjoyment of both of our visitors and our local residents.
- Receive recognition and exposure:
- Through TOTA and Tourism Kelowna's social and digital marketing platforms; be featured on travel trade, media, meeting, and event programs, and collateral, when appropriate.
- On the official Biosphere website, thompsonokanagan.com, and the new tourismkelowna.com website launching later this spring.
- Through content on thompsonokanagan.com and Tourism Kelowna's #exploreKelowna blog.
- In the Kelowna Visitor Centre, with a Biosphere decal on your rack card.
- Participate in annual training opportunities through international training partner programs, including the Global Sustainable Tourism Council Training Program.
- Have your business featured on bookdifferent.com, a booking platform specific to certified travel businesses.
- Have Tourism Kelowna cover the second year costs of the commitment (open to Tourism Kelowna Necessities Advertising Package (NAP) holders).
To find out more about the Biosphere Committed Entity program contact Director of Business and Destination Development, Jennifer Horsnell, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (250) 861-1515 ext 205.