Do you know an exceptional local business or community leader that deserves to be recognized and celebrated? The Kelowna Chamber of Commerce is now accepting nominations for its 2022 Business Excellence Awards, which are being co-presented by the Chamber, Petraroia Langford LLP, and Interior Savings Credit Union.
Tourism Kelowna is proud to be sponsoring the "Excellence in Tourism" award, which recognizes a tourism-related business or organization consistently delivering a top-quality product or service that has enhanced tourism/hospitality.
Nominations can be submitted in the following categories:
To be eligible for an award, the following general criteria, as outlined on the Chamber website, must be met:
- Business Awards are open to companies, organizations, enterprises and not-for-profits within the Central Okanagan.
- Nominations for individuals will be accepted for Young Entrepreneur. An independent judging committee will select the Business Leader of the Year.
- Businesses or organizations must have been in operation for three (3) years with the exception of the Rising Star Category.
- Businesses and organizations are eligible for nominations in a maximum of three (3) categories.
- Past year’s award recipients may not be nominated in the same category for two years following their win, but are eligible for other categories.
- Past year’s award finalists may be nominated in the same category or any other category in consecutive years.
- Considerations for judging will include operational management, financial health, corporate social responsibility, marketing strategies, and HR policies.
- Companies and organizations closely connected to a member of the Board or staff of the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce, are not eligible to be nominated.
The awards will be handed out at a gala celebration in November 2022. Stay tuned to the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce website for more details.