The 2020 BC Tourism Industry Conference is just over a week away, taking place in Victoria from March 4-6.
The three-day conference offers the opportunity to learn, network, and celebrate with tourism businesses, communities, and government leaders from across the province, including special guest, Hon. Lisa Beare, Minister of Tourism, Arts & Culture.
This year’s keynote speakers include:
- John Furlong—CEO of VANOC: Inside the Games that Changed a Country
- Megan Epler Wood—Author, Eco Pioneer, Harvard Instructor: Meeting the Challenge of Achieving Sustainable Destinations
- Caroline Beteta—President & CEO, Visit California: Charting California’s Recovery from Several Years of Wildfires
There will also be a CEO’s Power Panel discussing the future of transportation in BC, as well as breakout sessions and presentations on a variety of topics.
The BC Tourism Industry Awards Gala will take place as part of the conference on Thursday, March 5. We will be cheering on three Kelowna area businesses who are finalists in the following categories:
- Gerald Lafortune of Wicked Wine Tours is a finalist for the GoRVing Canada – Customer Service Award, which “recognizes frontline employees whose exceptional customer service contributed to outstanding travel experiences for visitors.”
- Big White Ski Resort and Ogopogo Tours are both finalists for the Ministry of Tourism, Arts & Culture – Accessible Tourism Award, which, in part, “recognizes a BC-based tourism business/attraction that has made a significant contribution towards making BC an inclusive and welcoming destination for everyone.”
Click here for more information about the conference or to register.