We are thrilled to share some of the great sustainability initiatives happening around Kelowna and area that demonstrate our community's commitment to practicing responsible tourism.
Congratulations are in order for some local businesses:
- Okanagan Lavender and Herb Farm tied for bronze in the Canadian FedEx Small Business Grant Contest and received a $5,000 grant to help them break into local and global markets. The addition of their new biodegradable wood chip containers is definitely getting them noticed.
- A View to Remember recently received Gold Certification through Sustainable Tourism 2030, a program delivered for Green Step Solutions, an award-winning sustainability consulting firm and Certified B Corporation.
- Summerhill Pyramid Winery recently received its certification as a Certified B Corporation, the only winery in Canada and one of 26 in the world. The certification formally recognizes that the winery cares for more than profit, investing in the planet and people, as well.
As well, 16 local tourism businesses have made, or are in the process of making, the commitment to the Biosphere Adhesion Program and the United Nation's 17 Sustainable Development Goals. These businesses, along with TOTA and Tourism Kelowna, are working towards ensuring our community is here to enjoy for both residents and visitors.
- Myra Canyon Ranch & Kelowna Stables
- Myra Canyon Bike Rentals & Tours
- Meadow Vista Honey Wines
- Kelowna Museums Society
- Grizzli Winery
- Tantalus Vineyards
- Okanagan Lavender Herb Farm
- Kelowna Yacht Club
- Giro Vacations Ltd.
- Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
- Eldorado Resort
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort
- Current Taxi
- Coast Capri Hotel
- Big White Ski Resort
- Best Western PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites
For more information on sustainable efforts by Tourism Kelowna and the Biosphere Adhesion Program, please contact Jennifer Horsnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.