Fall travel, LGBT2Q+ event promotion, and winter getaway planning featured heavily in media placements during October.
- Across the PostMedia Network, Kelowna and the Central Okanagan received coverage around the Okanagan Yoga Festival, how to plan a Canadian ski vacation, hidden gem bookstores, and, of course, winter wine touring.
- Marguerite Cleveland, who visited the area on a press trip in August, had an article published in North West Washington promoting fall family travel to the area.
- Some love from down-under, Kelowna and the Okanagan have been listed in Gourmet Traveller’s best food and wine regions to visit in Canada.
- Narcity continues to promote Kelowna in highly visual listicles. This month, it was the best places to visit that only locals know about and places in BC that make you feel like you’re in Europe.
- Destination Canada is helping spread the word that Kelowna is an open and welcoming destination for LGBTQ2+ travellers and recently posted a guide to the city on their US consumer website.
Lastly, November is another busy and exciting month hosting journalists and online influencers. The 2019 International Indigenous Tourism Conference and OUT in the Valley are bringing national media to the city to research future stories – stay tuned for that coverage!
Help us share your story and create great Kelowna content. Share what's new and noteworthy for your business by emailing me at email@example.com.