August was an exciting month for Kelowna media placements. Huge reach was achieved in the US via the New York Times in print and online. Tourism Kelowna, BC Wine Institute, and the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association have all had a hand in working with journalist Elaine Gulsac through media trips, conferences, and email correspondence resulting in the Okanagan and Kelowna properties being featured in the well-respected publication.
Kelowna and the rest of the Okanagan have also been included in an article in the UK's The Telegraph, our newest breweries have been given some love in local BC outlets, and both fall and summer travel have been featured on national websites. See more of the highlights below:
- “Four new craft breweries open this week across BC” – August 30, Vancouver is Awesome.
- “25 places you should visit off-season” – August 28, Graeme Carey, MSN.ca.
- “From whale-watching to waterfalls, Canada’s 10 most majestic road trips” – August 26, Nick Trend, The Telegraph (UK). Print only
- “Attention, Budget-Watchers: 4 Canadian Alternatives to US Hot Spots” – August 26, Elaine Gulsac, New York Times.
- “The Best Places to Savor Fall in British Columbia” – August 14, Outside Magazine
- “10 Things to do in Kelowna this Summer” – August 1, BC Living
Help us share your story and create great Kelowna content. Share what's new and noteworthy for your business with Carla Young, Travel Media & Communication, at email@example.com.