Tourism Kelowna's Extranet is a handy tool that gives you the ability to update your account information, make changes to your listing, and see how many visitors have viewed your listing. This blog post will review how to update each element of your web listing so you can ensure visitors are accessing the most current information available about your business.
*It's best to follow along with the post while making changes to your web listing.
A business listing on tourismkelowna.com consists of the following:
- One business logo
- 150-word description
- Up to 10 photos
- A list of your business' amenities
- Business address and phone number
- Links to email, website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and a 'Book Now' button (all social media channels and the book now button are optional)
If you can check off all of the items above, you’re off to a great start. If you’re missing one or a couple of the above items, this post will help you add the missing items and make your listing stronger.
Logging into the Extranet
First things first. If you haven't logged into the Extranet before, here’s how:
- Go to this website: https://kelowna.extranet.simpleviewcrm.com/login
- Most contacts have been given access to the Extranet and are able to login with a business email address
- If you haven't logged in before or simply forgot your password you can click "Forgot Password" to send yourself a new temporary password
- If you can’t log in at all, your email may not be connected to the Extranet. Email email@example.com to get access.
Ok, now you’re logged into the Extranet; time to update your listing.
Updating Your Listing:
The tabs in the Extranet that we are going to look at are “Collateral” and “Profile.” This is where you can make changes to your listing description, add or remove media (photos and logo), account and social media information, and manage your business amenities.
To add or remove media
Go into the Collateral tab; click on media.
Add new media
- Pick the type of media, either Image or Logo
- Drag and drop the file or browse to find
- Title the media
- Pick the listing to attach the media to
- Pick the sort order of which you would like it to be displayed (left blank will add to bottom of the list)
- Click on save
*Please note the sort order is how your images are displayed. Usually, your logo will be in sort order position 1, so your top image will be sort order number 2. Any image past sort order number 2 will be in the gallery of images on your listing.
Updating your listing description
Go to the Collateral tab then click Listings.
Click the pencil to edit your website listing.
*The media listing type is not displayed on the website and is there to give media an idea of what your business offers; these will be displayed on media itineraries. Media often refer to their itinerary during and after their visit, so keeping the information up to date is key. If you also see an M&C (Meetings & Conferences) listing type, you will want to update this listing as well, as this listing description is sent to meeting planners who are interested in coming to Kelowna for meetings and conferences.
Update listing information
- Change listing description (around 150 words, 180 words maximum)
- Keywords are for keyword searches on tourismkelowna.com. Add keywords that are not already in your listing and are words that a visitor may search for in order to find your listing
- Add in a Book Now link (if you have a section on your website)
- Optional: choose a contact that manages your listing
- Click save
Change your Amenities
Go to Profile tab and click Accounts.
Click the down arrow to reveal the Manage Amenities option.
- Simply click Yes to turn on or No to turn off
- Click save
*Amenities vary per category of listing.
Updating Account information and Social Media accounts
Go to Profile tab and click on Accounts
Updating Account Information:
- Here you can update or change your website, email, phone numbers, and address that are visible on your website listing.
Scroll down on the Update Account page to see Social Media.
Updating Social Media:
- Here you can update or change your social media handles
- You only need the end of the URL. For example, this is the full URL for Oyama Zipline’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OyamaZipline, but they only have the end of the URL filled in the form
Now you know how to update your listing through the Extranet. If you have any further questions or need assistance while going through the process, contact Steve Small at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 861-1515 ext. 216.