As we navigate through COVID-19 restart and recovery, we will update this post with resources on current provincial health orders and with resources to support businesses, as they become available.
Last Updated February 5, 2021, at 5:45 p.m. PST
Orders of the Provincial Health Officer:
- February 5: Gatherings and Events
- All in-person events and community-based gatherings as defined in the above order are suspended as part of the province-wide restrictions.
- December 30: Food and Liquor Serving Premises
- December 16: Workplace Safety
- Among directives listed, employers are instructed to review their COVID-19 Safety Plans, ensure workers are carrying out daily health checks, and allowing employees to work from home, when possible.
- WorkSafeBC Guides:
- BC Centre for Disease Control:
- British Columbia Ministry of Health: Tools and strategies for safer operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Government of British Columbia Restoring Confidence App
During the initial return to operations as part of BC's Restart Plan, WorkSafeBC released guides with sector-specific protocols, along with information on developing a COVID-19 safety plan and understanding the risks. Associations within the various sectors have also been providing resources to assist their members through the reopening and recovery phases.
- WorkSafe BC sector guide for accommodations
- British Columbia Hotel Association:
Arts & Culture
Meetings & Events
- BC Meetings & Events COVID-19 Safe Restart Guidelines
Gyms & Fitness Centres
- WorkSafeBC sector guide for gyms and fitness centres
- WorkSafeBC sector guide for offices
Parks, Camping & Tourism
- WorkSafeBC sector guide for parks, camping, and tourism
- WorkSafeBC sector guide for performing arts
- WorkSafeBC sector guide for personal services
Restaurants, cafés, pubs, and nightclubs
- WorkSafe BC sector guide for restaurants, cafes, pubs, and nightclubs
- British Columbia Restaurant and Foodservices Association Resources (BCRFA) Guides and Best Practices to Navigate COVID-19
Ski Area Operations
- Ski Well, Be Well: Ski Area Operating Best Practices
Sports & Recreation
- WorkSafeBC sector guide for sports and recreation
- BC Wine Institute: Ready to Reopen toolkit
Click here for additional resources available from WorkSafeBC.
Tourism Industry Advisory Services
- Thompson Okanagan Tourism Resiliency Program: Provides complimentary one-on-one support to tourism businesses in the region.
- Destination BC and Small Business BC Partnership: Provides complimentary advisory and education services for small businesses in the tourism sector.
- go2HR COVID-19 Safety Plan Review Initiative: Provides a complimentary review of a tourism businesses COVID-19 Safety Plan to ensure all requirements are being met.
Our Visitor Experience team is providing service at the Kelowna Visitor Centre daily from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. while continuing to answer questions from visitors and locals by phone and through various online communication channels. If you have any business updates we should be aware of, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.