Destination BC (DBC) offers numerous learning resources for tourism-based businesses. Due to popular demand, they have included additional intakes to the Tourism Digital Academy, an 8-week marketing program for businesses to build their digital marketing knowledge and skills.
The program is designed for business owners or marketing team members with an intermediate level of knowledge in digital marketing and is focused on "providing practical, actionable guidance to complete your digital marketing plan. From setting your goals to building a better understanding of SEO, website usability, content, email marketing, analytics, and more." The program includes interactive sessions, technical tutorials, one-on-one coaching available, audits of your digital footprint, and marketing plan templates.
Spots have been filling up quickly, but the following intake dates are still accepting applications:
- January 18
- February 1
- February 15
Eligibility and Application:
The program is free for all participants. To be eligible you must:
- Be a BC-based tourism business
- Have an active website
- Demonstrate through the application form a minimum level of digital marketing and
- Be able to dedicate up to 10 hours per week for the classes
Businesses who are interested can find more information about the program and application process on DBC's website. There, you can also find DBC's Learning Centre, with additional resources and tools that can be accessed any time.
For those interested in more learning opportunities, DBC will also be hosting three webinars in the new year:
- January 13, 2021: Manage Your Online Presence: Tripadvisor and HelloBC.com
- January 20, 2021: Get Your Local Business on Google Search and Maps
- January 27, 2021: Get the Most out of Your Website