As we've been connecting with our stakeholders to collect and share information on the impact of COVID-19, we've received good feedback and questions. To help further, we'll take questions and themes and share them through this format. This second set of questions delves further into our team’s work with visitors, residents, and local businesses at the current time. If you have additional questions, we encourage you to send them to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
How are you helping visitors?
- With the public health issue evolving rapidly, Tourism Kelowna has temporarily closed our Kelowna Visitor Centre; however, our team continues to assist visitors with future travel plans, and residents with current needs, through digital channels including online web chat, email and social media, as well as by phone.
- Service is available seven days a week, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- You can find the various ways to contact the Kelowna Visitor Centre on our website.
What are you hearing from visitors?
- Travellers are listening to the advice from public health officials and not travelling during this time, with many delaying existing travel plans.
- They are also are engaging with our social media posts about inspiration for future travel and are sharing memories from past trips.
What can we do to support Tourism Kelowna’s current efforts?
- Help us share your story—email us about special offers or promotions, inspirational stories, award wins, or anything else noteworthy.
- Submit your virtual/online events to our calendar.
- If you participate in Tourism Kelowna’s programs, you can submit events through your Extranet login.
- Share virtual experiences, such as tours or live experiences, through your social media channels to engage with your followers, to stay top of mind, and to inspire future travel. For more info on creating virtual experiences, check out Destination BC's helpful Best Practices Guide.
- Continue to include #exploreKelownafromhome when posting on social media and be sure to tag our accounts as well.
- Stay connected with our Visitor Experience team about your business operations so they can keep visitors and residents informed.