Tourism Kelowna works with over 400 stakeholders that represent the entire tourism industry, from accommodations, restaurants, and guided tours to attractions, retailers, and so much more. As the destination marketing organization (DMO) for Kelowna, our mandate is to support and market our destination in a sustainable manner that strengthens the economy and enriches the quality of life of our residents, and it's a role we take seriously and are proud to do.
Each year, as part of our operations, we conduct an annual stakeholder sentiment survey that allows us to gauge the satisfaction of our stakeholders in relation to our performance, marketing programs, and service areas. The results of this survey help guide our decisions and ensure we are supporting our stakeholders.
The survey, conducted by Larose Research & Strategy and distributed to Voting Stakeholders, was in-market from October 2-22, 2020, and consisted of 15 questions. The key findings from this survey were very similar to those recorded in 2019 and demonstrate that despite all of the challenges that 2020 presented, stakeholders' satisfaction with Tourism Kelowna and its programs and services remains very strong.
- 82% of stakeholders are satisfied or very satisfied with Tourism Kelowna’s overall performance.
- 77% of stakeholders are satisfied with the overall communication regarding impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 63% of stakeholders are satisfied with the marketing activities related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 93% of stakeholders agree that sustainable and responsible tourism development in Kelowna is important.
Satisfaction levels with all of Tourism Kelowna’s service areas have also remained strong:
- 84% for Leisure Travel marketing
- 78% for Visitor Centre Services
- 74% for Meetings & Conferences
- 65% for Advertising Programs
- 64% for Major Sports & Entertainment
- 69% for Destination Management initiatives
We would like to thank all of those who participated in the survey. Overall, we view much of the feedback from this report as positive and helpful in ensuring we are delivering the programs and services needed, and providing value to the industry. We’re encouraged by these survey findings and are committed to reviewing ways we can continue to make improvements to maintain and grow satisfaction in the years ahead.
If have any questions or would like to join Tourism Kelowna as a stakeholder, you can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 861-1515 ext. 218.