You might not be able to travel at the moment, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a little break away from home! Whether you need a little time for yourself to read, disconnect or binge-watch your favourite shows, want to reconnect with your other half on a romantic getaway, or want to create some family memories, Kelowna has some great options to do just that.
This year, grab your family or partner (or leave them all behind!) and explore a different area of Kelowna and the Central Okanagan, enjoy a rural escape, or experience lakefront living. This winter, treat yourself with a staycation in Kelowna!
Photo: Eldorado Resort
If you're looking to pamper yourself this winter, book a night away at one of Kelowna's resorts or hotels and make the most of hotel living. A little sparkling wine, some room service, and luxury amenities will have you feeling relaxed in no time!
- Take a break in the stylish hotel rooms or suites with deluxe amenities at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Okanagan Grand Resort.
- Experience a little old-world charm and European mystique at Eldorado Resort.
- Relax at The Royal Kelowna by Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, where all units include a jetted tub in the master bathroom. Need we say more?
- Take in the surroundings at The Cove Lakeside Resort with their Wander into Winter package, which includes a luxury suite, two passes to Telemark Nordic Club, and some free goodies.
- Book the Winter Unwind Package at the Hyatt Place Kelowna and indulge in an 85-minute hot stone massage at O'Spa Health & Wellness Centre.
Create Family Memories
Photo: Comfort Suites
You don't need to go very far to create lifelong memories with your family. Many of the hotels in Kelowna have indoor pools that are open year-round, hot tubs, and family restaurants. Add a couple of winter activities, a visit to Big White Ski Resort or Silverstar Mountain Resort, and you've got a great staycation on your hands.
- What kid doesn't love waterslides? Check-in at Comfort Suites or Fairfield Inn & Suites and reserve your time to enjoy the pool, safely.
- Kick back and relax in the hot tub at the Kanata Kelowna Hotel while the kids play in the pool and the two waterslides. Their Powder Chasers package offers 15% off their Best Available Rate for those with lift passes to a ski resort.
- Book the entire spacious Quail's Inn and enjoy five private acres of endless fun for families, including easy access to Mission Creek Regional Park.
Photo: Hotel Zed
If you're looking to combat the winter blues and do something a little special this winter, why not book yourself a downtown getaway? Stroll the boardwalk, get cozy with a warm drink in one of the coffee shops, visit some of the great farm-to-table restaurants, or support small local shops with a little Christmas shopping.
- Have a romantic night out and take the elevator home with the Date Night Package from Royal Anne Hotel, which is located in the heart of downtown.
- Enjoy a seafood feast at the Prestige Beach House with the Stay and Dine package that includes a $50 gift card to the West Coast Grill for just $125 per night.
- Put a little colour and fun in your life and get funky at Hotel Zed. Local rebels get 20% off.
Photo: Myra Canyon Ranch
The landscape of the Central Okanagan, from Lake Country to Peachland, is peppered with charming Bed & Breakfasts. B&B's are hidden gems that offer exclusive and one on one service, delicious food and treats and in many cases, incredible views and gardens.
- Relax, recharge, and rekindle your romance with A Vista Villa Couples Retreat's Staycation Package.
- Escape to another time at Cadder House, a renovated mansion, originally built in 1908, surrounded by lush trees and gardens.
- Take in the magical and secluded accommodation options high above Kelowna at Myra Canyon Ranch.
- Live lakeside for the weekend at Lakeshore Bed & Breakfast. From morning coffees to sunset cocktails, their extensive deck and gardens are perfect to enjoy those stunning lake views.
This year, things are looking a little different due to COVID-19, you may have to book yourself in the pools and hot tubs, restaurant hours may vary, and check-in processes have changed in many cases. Please make sure to read each property's COVID-19 measures and speak to them directly if you have any questions to avoid disappointments, and remember to explore Kelowna safely.