Kelowna offers an amazing selection of experiences and products to enjoy. And if you cannot travel this year, why not gather the members of your household, make the most of where you are, and Treat Yourself, with local Kelowna products? As the holiday season approaches, you might want to Treat Someone Else, too!
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be highlighting different themes on how you can Treat Yourself with local Kelowna products or experiences, for today it’s the Local Products edition.
With a landscape covered in vineyards and tasting rooms, Kelowna has become synonymous with Wine Country, and many of our wineries offer amazing internationally awarded wines. However, locals know that there is so much more to offer, from world-renowned spirits, acclaimed craft beers, to selections of farm to table delectables.
- Mission Hill Family Estate Winery is one of the most recognizable, architecturally grand, and awarded wineries in the Okanagan. Head on over for their 30-minute seated tasting of carefully selected Reserve wines, and while you’re there pick up some incredible wines. Want to splurge? The 2016 Oculus, a complex Bordeauxstyle wine is a proper treat.
- Okanagan Spirits is a must-stop for spirits and whiskey lovers. Their Laird of Fintry Single Malt Whiskey is so exclusive and popular, you can only get it once a year and through a lottery. And the lottery is now open!
- Add a little sparkle and some bubbles to these cold winter months with a spectacular bottle of the Summerhill Pyramid WInery's Cipes Ariel 2000. Crafted in the traditional method, it's rested on the lees for 17.5 years.
- Feeling fancy? Enjoy a little Icewine with your desserts this year! Volcanic Hills Estate Winery has an amazing 2017 Chardonnay Ice Wine with a beautiful vivid colour and aromas of lemon meringue, peach/orange marmalade and honey.
The winter season is the time to indulge in a little extra treat, dessert, or meal. 'Tis the season! And one thing Kelowna is good at is food! With so many local, artisanal, small-batch, farm to table restaurants, bakeries, chefs, etc, it's a foodies paradise.
- Karat Chocolate Boutique & Cafe have come out with their own XL marshmallow Hot Chocolate bomb. They've used a super decadent and soft dark chocolate that melts incredibly easy and makes for a very smooth and tasty hot chocolate. Yum!
- Okanagan Grocery has combined two of the worlds favourite things, bread and chocolate, to create the Callebaut Chocolate Bread, filled with rich chocolate fudge and chocolate pieces. Only available on Saturdays, it's the perfect way to start those weekend vibes.
- You cannot go wrong with QB Gelato. With flavours like chocolate orange, baileys, or eggnog, the only difficult decision is how many flavours to purchase. If you are looking for a unique holiday dessert check out the Holiday Gelato Yule Log. Only available on Saturday's, it's the perfect way to start weekend vibes.
- Cheese lovers rejoice, Perseval & Young Cheesemongers, Kelowna's first specialty cheese shop, have a monthly subscription cheese box. Get four beautiful cheeses, hand-selected, and one additional complimentary item such as a jam, chutney, or crakers in each box.
A little self-care goes a long way, so maybe it's time to pamper yourself or someone you love. Here are some wellness products that will keep you feeling and looking your best this winter season.
- O Spa Health & Wellness has an amazing selection of products that will help you glow, relax, smooth, and soothe! Whatever it is you're looking for in terms of beauty products, they'll have something for you. Check out the Starry Eyes Mascara Set, a festive powerhouse duo for conditioned and lifted lashes.
- Healing Hollow has you covered if you're looking to create a spa-like feeling at home. The Pamper Four Set, with its bath bomb, clay mask, facial scrub, and dream cream, will make you feel heavenly at home.
- Crimson Hair Salon has some amazing hair care products to make your locks feel lush. Check out their Eleven Australia Holiday Kits.
Who said Christmas advent calendars had to be for kids? You can now find fun advent calendars with all types of goodies, from chocolates to boozy drinks, to makeup.
- Okanagan Spirits 12 days of Spirits Advent Calendar. Behind every door, you’ll find a selection of some of their most sought after spirits, including the very exclusive Laird of the Fintry.
- Ex Nihilo Advent Calendar is now available with 12 days of amazing Okanagan wines direct from their winery to your door.
- O Spa's 12 Days of Celestial Skincare Makeup Collection which includes pencils, eye shadows, powders, lip balms, primer, just to name a few.
This is just a shortlist of the many ways to support local and Treat Yourself this winter. You can check out our website for more information on things to do and see in Kelowna. This year, remember to explore Kelowna safely.