While the holidays are all about the spirit of giving to others, the new year brings about the opportunity to treat yourself. Kelowna offers both visitors and residents an array of fantastic experiences to enjoy—here are some to add to the list for your next visit or to take in as you support local.
Food & Drink
Indulge at one of Kelowna's top restaurants with multi-course, wine-paired menus. Or purchase a gift card for that special someone and enjoy fantastic food and drink experiences at a later date.
- Heli Picnic Tour or Heli Wine Tour with Valhalla Helicopters. Marvel at the beautiful landscape as you soar above the Okanagan Valley and travel to area wineries in luxury. Or, pack your own picnic (or buy one from Valhalla) to savour a taste of the region from atop one of the surrounding mountaintops.
- Sparkling High Tea. A glass of Cipes Brut, with assorted organic savoury bites, tasty pastries, and artisanal tea from a Singaporean luxury teahouse—what more could you ask for? This fun experience at Summerhill Pyramid Bistro is available every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, with seatings at 1 and 2 p.m.
- Fondue Night. Every Sunday night from 5 – 9 p.m., Krafty Kitchen + Bar serves up delectable bites—think farmers sausage, local apples, and seasonal vegetables—that you can dip in a gooey, delicious, and cheesy fondue. Spots are limited so you'll need to book ahead!
- The Library Experience. Escape the routine by indulging in Home Block at CedarCreek Estate Winery's 5-course wine-paired menu, which changes daily, accommodating fresh, seasonal ingredients and ever-evolving pairings.
- Behind Closed Doors. Learn more about what goes on behind the scenes with this unique tour of Mission Hill Family Estate, which ends with a seated tasting.
- Wine Maker Series. Don't miss this monthly dinner experience at Salt & Brick, with innovative eats from Chef James Holmes alongside some of the best Okanagan wines.
- Dining in the Domes. Gather your family or closest friends to take in this fun dining experience at Frind Estate Winery, which includes a family-style 4-course meal complete with wine pairings. This experience is available Wednesday to Sunday with three seating times to choose from and each dome can accommodate up to 6 people (minimum reservation is 4 people).
- Luminescence: An Outdoor Culinary Experience. Treat yourself to an unforgettable dining experience in a heated globe at OAK + CRU Social Kitchen & Bar, located in the heart of downtown Kelowna at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort. Globes can accommodate parties of 2 to 6 people for Brunch, Happy Hour or Dinner.
- Dine Around. Many of Kelowna's top restaurants take part in the annual Dine Around festival, which sees restaurants offer multi-course menus at amazing price points, allowing you to hit up your favourite spots or discover new favourites. This year's festival runs from January 19 to February 10, 2022.
In addition to the options listed above, why not go all out and plan to have paired drinks and multiple courses at that restaurant you've always wanted to go to? Explore Kelowna's restaurants and create your own remarkable dining experience.
Take time to pamper yourself with one of these relaxing and rejuvenating Kelowna wellness experiences.
- Ultimate Day Spa Package. Enjoy up to 7 hours of pampering from head to toe with one of Beyond Wrapture's spa packages, with included services like the sea salt and loofah glow massage, aromatherapy wrap, and spa pedicure.
- Luxurious Salon Experience. What's not to love about a morning or afternoon at the salon? Spend a few hours at Crimson Hair Salon Salon to freshen up your locks, complete with a hair treatment and blow out. You'll feel fresh and rejuvenated, ready to take on your next Kelowna adventure.
- Float Therapy. Let the outside world melt away in Float Space's Floataway Tranquility Pod. The pod, a.k.a. the cocoon, blocks out light and sound, reducing your sensory input during the session, which can last up to 90 minutes.
- Salt Cave Experience. One of Kelowna's newest spas, Room + Pillar, offers an experience like no other in its Salt Cave. The cave can accommodate groups of up to 6 people for the 45-minute experience—you'll leave relaxed and refreshed!
- Couples Romantic Spa Package. Take some time out to unwind with that special someone—or your bestie—at the new Damara Day Spa in the Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort. This package includes side-by-side exfoliation, a 60-minute massage, and paraffin treatment on your hands and feet.
Photo by: Seekers Media & Andrew Penner
Embrace the cooler weather and take in the beauty of Kelowna's outdoor playground as you enjoy the many adventures our region has to offer during the winter season. Once you've had your fill of the outdoors, warm up by playing some of your favourite sports inside.
- Ski or Snowboard. Have you always wanted to try skiing? Or, maybe you ski and want to try snowboarding (or vice versa)? Head up to Big White Ski Resort to get your fill of the hill's renowned Okanagan Champagne Powder. The rental shop can meet all your gear needs and there are several restaurants on-site so you can end your day with the perfect après.
- Snowshoe. Bring your own snowshoes or rent a pair to explore the trails at Telemark Nordic Centre. Relish the winter wonderland, located just 30 minutes from downtown Kelowna in West Kelowna. Rentals and day passes can be booked in advance online to help reduce close contact at the lodge.
- Snow Cat Tours. This unique experience at SilverStar Mountain Resort includes a tour in the Paradise Express snow cat, which can accommodate up to 14 people. Venture to the backside of the mountain where you'll savour a three-course, chef-prepared dinner. Tour must be booked in advance.
- Winter UTV Adventure. Cruise through the snow in a fully enclosed and heated utility terrain vehicle (UTV) on Full Cyrcle Adventure's 3-hour tour, which can accommodate up to 5 people.
- Golf Simulator. Pick from over 125 courses, including Pebble Beach, at Simplex Sportszone's full swing simulators. From driving, approach shots, and putting, you can stay fresh during the off-season to improve your score on the links next season.
- Virtual Reality (VR) Sports. If VR sports experiences are your thing—or something you've wanted to try—Arcadia Virtual Reality Lounge has a wide selection of games to choose from.
If you are unable to enjoy these experiences right now—or maybe you're looking to purchase a Valentine's Day or birthday gift for a loved one—many of the businesses offer gift cards, so they can be enjoyed at a later date. Some of the offerings are seasonal, but not to worry, most of the businesses will have other exciting experiences throughout the year.
Note: With several public health orders still in place, be sure to confirm protocols/vaccine requirements for any businesses you plan to visit. Capacity limits also apply in some instances, so reservations or booking in advance may be required.