Well, well, well, we made it! It's 2021 and that means it's time for a fresh start and that it's the perfect time to try new things. Below we've rounded up some exciting, interesting, and classic ways to make the most of the winter and the first month of the year.
- Celebrate the new year with a delectable brunch at Lakeside Dining at the Eldorado Resort
- Get caffeinated with a Gunbarrel Coffee at Big White
- Dine-in a bubble either downtown at Curious Cafe or lakeside at Frind Estate Winery
- Round up your household and have a bowling tournament at McCurdy Bowling & Freddy's Brewpub
- Book your tickets for Tube Town at SilverStar and have a fun family day on the hill
- Visit the Alternator Centre for Contemporary Art to take in local art, including “Where Are You Really From?” by Kelowna artist, Moozhan Ahmadzadegan, which runs until January 9.
- Try comforting vegan-fare at Renegade Kitchen. The burgers and poutine are highly recommended
- Take a winter hike to the lookout on Mount Boucherie
- Gear up with Okanagan clothing
- Sip and slip your way through the hills of South East Kelowna at The View Winery
- Support local producers with a visit to the Kelowna Farmers' Market
- Buy a ticket to the Wild & Scenic Film Festival to support helping local youth access the outdoors
- Play old school video games and skee ball while enjoying a tasting flight at the BNA Tasting Room
- Discover the diversity of First Nations Languages at the Okanagan Heritage Museum
- From January 11 to 16 compete in the SMITH virtual rail jam at Silverstar Mountain Resort
Do you have other suggestions for ways to make the most of the winter in Kelowna? Send us an email and we might include it in our February checklist: firstname.lastname@example.org.