The holiday season is coming and even though celebrations will be different this year, finding the perfect gift for your loved ones is still possible. Whether you shop online, visit in person while adhering to business health and safety protocols, or schedule a private shopping experience, below are local businesses that would love your support through the season.
For the Fashion-Forward
Kelowna is brimming with small, locally-owned boutiques with everything from high-end fashion labels to classic everyday brands. Find the perfect fit for you or the fashion lover on your list at one of these shops:
- Boheme Collective on Pandosy Avenue is a “lifestyle oasis” that offers a wide range of footwear, clothing, jewellery, home décor, and beauty and wellness products. Shop online or in-store.
- Morgane in downtown Kelowna offers a personal and enthusiastic styling experience that helps women embrace their feminine style. Contact them to arrange personal shopping sessions that ensure you’re the only one in the store.
- Strut is committed to bringing beautifully handcrafted footwear and accessories to the Okanagan. Shop online or in-store at their location on Lakeshore Road in the Pandosy area.
- Beach Ave located on Bernard Avenue downtown is a locally owned women's clothing boutique. Check their website to shop online or order curbside pick up.
- LBV Lifestyle combines bold and new clothing and beauty products that will add luxury to your lifestyle. Shop online or book an appointment for a one on one experience in the boutique.
For the Sustainably Minded
Vintage, second-hand, sustainable, and locally made products can be found at a variety of shops in Kelowna. Below is a sampling of what you'll find - everything from hand-crafted jewellery, Canadian art, Kelowna and Okanagan apparel, vintage clothing and so much more.
- Textile Apparel focuses on sustainable fashion that “you will love for years to come” and they take pride in knowing the origins of each piece they sell. Shop or order a gift card online.
- Stone Fox wants each customer to feel like their unique self and offers timeless vintage and retro clothing that is sustainable and affordable. Visit in person or contact them about purchasing clothing you no longer wear and shop online for great vintage finds.
- Karmyc Bazaar’s owner whole-heartedly supports shopping local, supporting the arts, and fostering creativity in the community and at her shop in Pandosy Village, you will find all of this combined. Shop online or in-person.
- Kelowna Visitor Centre brings together local products ranging from paintings by local artists, locally made hats and face masks, hand-crafted food products, plus our own Love for Kelowna and Kelowna Vibes apparel.
For the Art Lover
The Central Okanagan is filled with amazing crafts-people and artists. Add to your collection or gift a beautiful piece from one of these makers currently on display at the Kelowna Visitor Centre.
- Janine Lott is a member of the Okanagan Syilx Nation that began working with gourds in 1998. Since then she has pushed her creativity towards the interesting shapes and sizes gourds provide as her main an artistic medium. View her art online or visit the Kelowna Visitor Centre to purchase in person or online.
- Leanne Spanza is inspired by British Columbia's mountains, valleys, lakes, and coastlines. Using bright, bold colour, her art brings a cheerful burst of personality. Her art is sold at LoveforKelowna.com and her website.
- Sarah Lewke focuses on colour and pattern while exploring the beauty, identity and our relationship with landscapes and nature. Find examples of her work on her website and purchase online or in-person at the Visitor Centre.
- Cynthia Gunsinger's work is a vibrant and energetic take on the Canadian landscape, focused primarily the Okanagan Valley. Using vivid and intense colours, she brings her art to life using influences of expressionism, impressionism, and pointillism. Visit her website or LoveForKelowna.com to view and purchase her work.
If browsing for gift inspiration is more up your alley, mask up and keep your physical distance while browsing the shops at Orchard Park Mall, The District on Bernard or Pandosy Village. You can also pick up a variety of Kelowna and Okanagan souvenirs that make for perfect stocking stuffers at Ogopogo Giftland, Towne Centre Card Shop, and Only Deals.
There are many other ways to support local this season like purchasing a restaurant or winery gift card, booking a winter wine or brewery tour, or having a fun and safe indoor experience with your household.